Healthy Chick pea salad. Make salad: In a large bowl, toss together chickpeas, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, olives, and feta. Make vinaigrette: In a jar fitted with a lid, combine olive. Find healthy, delicious chickpea salad recipes from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell.
This easy Chickpea Salad is a healthy and refreshing vegetarian salad recipe that's loaded with delicious fresh vegetables and then tossed in a zesty Mediterranean dressing. They are perfect to enjoy as is or served for lunch or dinner. The fresh lemon dressing adds the Mediterranean flavors of classic Greek Salad. You can have Healthy Chick pea salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Chick pea salad
- Prepare 3/4 cup of soaked and boiled chick pea.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of tomato finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of cucumber finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tea spoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tea spoon of chat masala.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of plain/low fat yoghurt.
- It’s 1 table spoon of finely chopped cilantro (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Chickpea salad is easy to make and comes together fast. It's perfect for lunch since chickpeas are protein packed and leave you feeling satisfied for hours. I made this salad for our Mother's Day lunch and it was great. For the dressing in this recipe, I combine all of the liquid ingredients in a mason jar and give it a shake.
Healthy Chick pea salad step by step
- Soak 3/4 cup of chick pea for 7-8 hours, then cook chick peas.
- Add all the above ingredients in a big bowl then add yoghurt, salt, pepper and chat masala to it.
- Mix everything together then serve.
Olive Oil: There are many options for olive oil; extra virgin, virgin, pure/light, extra light. Use a touch of harissa to liven up a healthy chickpea salad. Use a touch of harissa to liven up a healthy chickpea salad. Use a touch of harissa to liven up a healthy chickpea salad. A few ribs celery and leafy tops, chopped Healthy, vegan and super flavorful, this salad satisfies!