Pureed pinto beans and ham. Blend until smooth and no chunks. See great recipes for Pureed pinto beans and ham, Egg ham and cheese bake too! Add it near the end of the cooking time.
Stir a couple of times during cooking, if possible. Serve with cornbread, rice, a green salad or slaw. Pinto Beans and Ham is an easy, economical way to make a big pot full of tasty, filling, pinto beans and leftover ham, flavored with onion and garlic! You can have Pureed pinto beans and ham using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pureed pinto beans and ham
- You need 1/4 cup of diced ham.
- It’s 2 TBSP of diced onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped peppers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken bone broth.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of medium salsa.
- It’s 1/2 of shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of canned pinto beans.
Nothing fancy or glamorous, but this meal is sure inexpensive, FILLING, and delicious! Place the beans and water in a large stockpot. Add the ham hock, onion and garlic. Season with chili powder, salt and pepper.
Pureed pinto beans and ham step by step
- Boil diced onion and chopped peppers in 1/4 cup bone broth until peppers are tender..
- Put all ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth and no chunks..
- Nutrition per 2 oz calories 51.47, fat 1.38, carbs 6.14, fiber 1.25, sugar 1.13, protein 3.36. Makes 12 oz Nutrition for 12 oz calories 308.83, fat 8.25, carbs 36.83, fiber 9, sugar 6.83, protein 20.16.
Soak in cold water overnight; drain. When beans are tender; remove meat to. Place the beans in a bowl or stockpot with enough water to cover, and soak overnight. Add the ham hock, onion, garlic, and chili peppers. Pour pureed beans back into soup, add cooked ham, and bring back to a simmer over medium heat.