Mediterranean Chickpea Salad. Make salad: In a large bowl, toss together chickpeas, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, olives, and feta. Make vinaigrette: In a jar fitted with a lid, combine olive. Next time your family is in the mood for a vegetarian entree, try this fresh, bright chickpea salad recipe.
A splash of buttery GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a drizzle of tangy lemon juice make this sunny, Mediterranean Chickpea Salad. This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is a bright, colorful and delicious salad with a simple dressing. Watch the video showing you how to make this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make it at home. You can have Mediterranean Chickpea Salad using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic (mince).
- It’s 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 2 cans of chickpeas.
- You need 1 of cucumber.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of yellow bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper.
- It’s 4 oz of crumbled feta cheese.
It's time for Mediterranean Chickpea Salad. This simple chickpea salad is uplifting, filling, and one of my absolute favorite meals to have waiting in my refrigerator for healthy lunches. Made with bell peppers of all colors, fresh herbs, crisp cucumber, and creamy feta, every bite tastes of warm, sunny moments. This chickpea salad starts with a bright, spiced dressing made from lemon juice & zest, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, and toasted cumin seeds.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad step by step
- Juice the lemon..
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix with a whisk or fork until well blended..
- Open both cans of chickpeas. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pour into large mixing bowl. Add the lemon dressing and stir to coat..
- Dice tomatoes, cucumber, and bell peppers. Add to the chickpeas..
- Add crumbled feta cheese and stir until everything is well coated with dressing and mixed..
I whisk it together in the bottom of a big bowl and then toss in the chickpeas, as well as these components: Goat cheese. Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is one of my favorite dishes! Bursting with Mediterranean flavors, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and of course chickpeas, this chickpea salad is perfect to stand alone as a meatless entree, can be served as a side dish, a filling for a wrap, or even used as a party dip served alongside pita chips. This easy Mediterranean chickpea salad is infused with flavor thanks to a heaping helping of fresh herbs with a garlicky lemon dressing that ups the crunch from red bell pepper, celery and red onion for a simple side dish or topping for greens. This healthy, vegan recipe is filled with protein, loaded with veggies and tossed with a simple vinaigrette.