Simple Vegetarian Baked Beans in Slow Cooker. These baked beans are so so easy. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. These taste way better than the canned variety – even the type that has the bacon.
We think these meatless baked beans, slow cooker style, might even make it onto your list of favorites. Mix vinegar, dry mustard, ketchup, molasses, brown sugar, and black pepper together in a bowl and stir this mixture into the slow cooker. Cover top with aluminum foil and slow cooker lid. You can cook Simple Vegetarian Baked Beans in Slow Cooker using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Vegetarian Baked Beans in Slow Cooker
- Prepare 1 pound of dried navy beans soaked overnight, drained.
- It’s 2-3 cups of water.
- It’s of Small/medium onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of REAL Maple syrup (Not pancake syrup).
- You need 1/4 cup of good ketchup.
- You need 1 tablespoon of good mustard, i used Dijon.
Beans are a great source of protein for vegetarians and this vegetarian crock pot recipe is a cinch to prepare. Just soak the beans, add everything to a crock pot or slow cooker, and walk away. This Vegetarian Baked Beans recipe is tangy, spicy, smoky and sweet (without molasses!) to really bring out the natural, earthy flavor of canned beans. It's an easy, homemade side dish prepared in the oven or slow cooker best served alongside grilled veggies, coleslaw, pasta salad or your favorite BBQ spread.
Simple Vegetarian Baked Beans in Slow Cooker step by step
- Add soaked beans and all ingredients to slow cooker. Water should just barely cover beans..
- Cook overnight. Mine went 11 hours on low. Perfect..
- I added some turkey kielbasa….
Sort beans and rinse in cold water. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. I also add one can of tomato paste to reduce the ketchup. Baked beans, the perfect summertime substantial side, baking in a hot oven for hours?