Mom's Baked Beans. To a large bowl, add the baked beans, molasses, dark brown sugar, barbecue sauce and bacon mixture. Your recipe for Mom's Amazing Baked Beans caught my eye. I love baked beans and I hadn't had them for a long time.
I wouldn't have thought of putting the hamburger in with the baked beans. What a great addition, along with the bacon. Reviews for: Photos of Mom's Baked Beans II. You can cook Mom's Baked Beans using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mom's Baked Beans
- Prepare 6 cans of Van Camps pork and beans.
- It’s 3/4 C of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 C of yellow mustard.
- It’s 3/4 C of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 of diced onion (optional).
- It’s 1 of diced bell pepper (optional).
- You need 1 lb of bacon (optional).
I put the beans in the crock-pot (instead of baking) and dumped all the ingredients in.. My Mom has made these for years. I don't really care for baked beans and I love these as does anyone who has ever eaten them. They are so simple to make and have such a wonderful flavor–even better the next day!
Mom's Baked Beans step by step
- I cook everything in the same large cast iron skillet. If you are adding bacon onions and peppers- first fry the bacon. You can do this a normal and crumble it or we like to cut the bacon into small pieces and then fry. When bacon is done put on paper towel to drain. Add diced onions and peppers to skillet and cook down. They will still cook in oven but we like ours done. Take out and put on top of the bacon to drain..
- Next in large bowl empty 6 cans pork and beans. Add Ketchup, mustard and brown sugar. (You could also add a little liquid smoke if you want) mix it well. Of there are big clubs of brown sugar smush if against the side of the bowl to break up. Add in bacon, peppers and onions if you are adding that..
- Pour beans into large cast iron skillet and put in the oven @ 350° for 1.5 to 2 hrs.
- NOTE: we have made this for big family functions as well with quadrupled recipe. We did this in a electric turkey roaster and cooked for 6-8 hrs. If it starts cooking down and getting thicker before that time just turn temp down to keep warm..
I do hope you try them because once you do you will make them again. And if you give My Mom's Baked Beans a try, let me know! Semi-homemade baked beans are a staple at any barbecue or Easter holiday. These easy Baked Beans are a delicious addition to BBQs, potlucks, picnics, and game day celebrations! Made from scratch, this thick and hearty baked beans recipe can be served hot or cold – your choice!