Vendhaya kuzhambu. Like Vatha Kuzhambu, Vendhaya Kuzhambu is one of the most common and traditional kuzhambu in most of the Tamil Nadu kitchen. This is one of the simplest and easiest kuzhambu variety even for the beginners. We add fenugreek seeds for most of the sambar or kuzhambu varieties.
Recipe for vendhaya kuzhambu with step by step pictures. Vendhayam is nothing but fenugreek seeds. It has a special place in the tamil kitchen and is added to most of the tamarind based curries. You can have Vendhaya kuzhambu using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vendhaya kuzhambu
- It’s 4 tbs of Sprouted vendayam (fenugreek) -.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped onion -.
- Prepare 1 of Chopped tomato -.
- Prepare 1 of Green tomato/ tomatillo -.
- Prepare of Tamarind – gooseberry size.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chilli powder -.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coriander powder -.
- It’s 1 tsp of Kashmiri chilli powder -.
- Prepare of To temper.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of Sesame oil-.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds-.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Urad dal-.
- You need of Salt – as required.
Vendhaya mor kuzhambu recipe: a comforting, delicious, traditional south-Indian recipe in a slightly different form. Vendhayam or Venthayam Is Fenugreek or methi in tamil language. Mor kuzhambu corresponds to a south-Indian curd/buttermilk gravy based broth, where Mor means curd/buttermilk. If you like my video, please share it and don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to my channel.
Vendhaya kuzhambu step by step
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, let it splutter and add the urad dal and fenugreek seeds..
- Saute well and add in the onion, tomato and saute well. Now add in all the spices and masalas listed..
- Cook till the vegetables are soft, then add in the tamarind extract along with water, and cook till the water comes to a kolambu (thick soupy) consistency..
This is a drool-worthy gravy prepared with fenugreek/methi seeds as the main ingredient, even though there are no veggies added, it tastes good on its own. The proportion of tamarind, fenugreek seeds and the. Omam kuzhambu recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Omam kuzhambu is a tangy South Indian gravy that goes well with rice. It is spicy, tangy and tasty gravy that is easy to prepare.