Minestrone Soup. Find Deals on Minestrone Soups in Food & Snacks on Amazon. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. A huge success with the family and guests.
Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Schedule these ingredients for pickup or delivery! You can cook Minestrone Soup using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Minestrone Soup
- It’s 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 of large carrots, peeled and diced.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery, diced.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup (2 oz.) of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each oregano, dried basil.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground thyme.
- It’s 1 can (28 oz.) of fire roasted crushed tomatoes.
- You need 4 cups of unsalted vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 2 of small potatoes, scrubbed and diced.
- It’s 1 of zucchini, diced.
- You need 1 of yellow squash, diced.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of unsalted cannellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 cup of ditalini pasta (or other small shape).
- You need 2 of heaping cups spinach, roughly chopped.
Schedule these ingredients for pickup or delivery! Pancetta (optional) – since minestrone is a vegetable soup it's a perfect meal for lent. So pancetta, guanciale or lard cut in cubes is completely optional, but it gives an incredible rich, intense flavor to the veggies as if they were cooked in meat stock (which by the way is also an option). Once the oil is shimmering, add the chopped onion, carrot, celery, tomato paste and a pinch of salt.
Minestrone Soup instructions
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and the butter. Once it's hot and the butter has melted, stir in the onions, celery and carrot with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until they have begun to soften up, about 3-5 minutes. Then stir in the tomato paste, garlic, oregano, thyme and basil. Cook about 2-3 minutes more, stirring pretty often..
- Pour a bit of the broth in and deglaze the pan. Then the rest with the crushed tomatoes and bay leaves. Increase the heat to med-high and let this come up to a simmer. Once its simmering, stir in the beans, potatoes, zucchini and yellow squash along with the salt and pepper. Let this all simmer together until the veggies are all tender. Last, take out the bay leaves and stir in the chopped spinach and let it wilt down. Taste and add more salt, pepper, etc until you're happy with the flavor..
- While the soup is coming to a simmer, heat a separate pot of salted water over high heat. Once its boiling, cook the ditalini pasta according to package directions, then drain and set it aside until the soup is done..
- To serve, you can stir the cooked pasta into the soup, or if you're going to have a lot of leftovers, you can just keep them separate and add the pasta to individual bowls and pour the soup over top of it… that way the pasta won't absorb all the liquid..
Essentially, minestrone is a thick, hearty variety of vegetable soup, thanks to the addition of beans and sometimes pasta or rice. Tomatoes, carrots, onion, and celery are usually included, with other vegetables added at the cook's discretion. Everyone loves minestrone soup, and this copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup recipe is very simple to make at home – it does not require much work. Just let everything simmer away and dinner is served! Plus this is a great soup to hit the spot at any time of the year.