Mattar Paneer. Matar paneer is a restaurant style creamy, delicious and rich peas paneer curry. Matar paneer is one of India's most popular paneer dishes. In most Indian homes, it is made during winters when fresh peas are in season.
At home I usually make parathas or rotis to go with it. A side veg or a raita also goes well with the combination of matar paneer and parathas. In the pic are parathas and mix veg salad with nuts served with the mutter paneer. You can have Mattar Paneer using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mattar Paneer
- Prepare of For the gravy.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cashew nuts.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium sized onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 1 of medium sized tomato, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 tsp of ginger-garlic paste (1" ginger, 2-3 cloves garlic.
- It’s of For finishing the sabzi.
- It’s of Butter/oil/ghee (butter tastes better!).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin-coriander powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of kasuri methi.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of fennel powder (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cream (or butter and milk).
- It’s 1/2 of " ginger, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of small green chilli, slits.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parboiled peas.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/4 cup of paneer, cubed, slightly roasted in oil.
Matar Paneer is a dish from India, made more often in North Indian homes in dinner menu or even for lunch. You can have it with chapati or naan and even mix with rice. Mattar paneer is a delicious Indian curry recipe made with peas and a soft cheese called paneer (although tofu is a good substitute). The sauce is similar to a butter chicken sauce and is so tasty.
Mattar Paneer step by step
- For the gravy, add oil to a pan. Once it's hot, add cashew and roast them until they are light brown..
- Add onions and salt and cook until golden..
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook till the raw smell fades..
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they get mushy..
- Once done, let it cool down and then blend to a paste..
- For finishing the sabzi, add butter (preferred) or oil to pan. Add jeera after it gets hot..
- Once it sizzles, add onions and cook till translucent..
- Add all the dry spices EXCEPT garam masala and kasuri methi; cook for 2-3 min. If it seems like the spices are burning, add 1-2 tbsp of water..
- Add coriander and cook for a minute..
- Add the gravy made earlier, tomato ketchup and cream (or butter and milk). Mix well..
- Add peas, ginger and green chilli. Add water to adjust consistency..
- Cook for 2-3 min and add the paneer cubes (lightly roasted in oil earlier).
- At the end, add garam masala and kasuri methi..
- Mattar paneer is ready! Serve hot with paratha or rice!.
We've simplified the cooking method to make it easy to make and it's every bit as good as any restaurant mattar panner. Matar paneer is a delicious curry made of paneer cubes and fresh peas cooked in a rich, spicy and tangy gravy. Matar paneer is one of my favorite North Indian dishes. Matar paneer is a popular dish ordered in Indian restaurants and is also a favorite on special occasions and parties. Mattar paneer (Hindi: मटर पनीर), also known as matar paneer, and mutter paneer is a vegetarian North Indian dish consisting of peas and paneer in a tomato based sauce, spiced with garam masala.