10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup. Once the lentils are cooked, stir in the tamarind juice and lime juice. Serve with a dollop of vegan yogurt or coconut milk, and chopped cilantro! This Vegan Lentil Soup recipe is so incredibly easy to make using very basic pantry staple ingredients!
I browned the sausage with olive oil then added the onions carrots and celery and sauté until most of the liquid evaporated then on with the rest of the recipe as written. Man o man one of the best lentil soups I have ever made! A tasty everyday soup made with lentils, potatoes, carrots, kale, and simple herbs and seasonings. You can cook 10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup
- You need of Base vegetables.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 of small shallots, diced.
- You need 4 of large carrots, thinly sliced.
- It’s 4 of celery stalks, thinly sliced.
- It’s to taste of Sea salt and black pepper,.
- It’s of Add later vegetables.
- Prepare 3 cups of baby potatoes.
- Prepare of Soup base.
- Prepare 4 cups of broth.
- Prepare 2-3 sprigs of rosemary.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked green or brown lentils, rinsed and drained.
- You need of Add later vegetables.
- It’s 2 cups of kale, chopped.
The best, healthy hearty, easy lentil soup recipe, homemade with simple ingredients in one pot over stovetop. Loaded with vegetables, brown lentils, Italian herbs and spices. Today's recipe covers all of the needs of perfect meal: healthy, hearty, flavorful! Jump to Recipe Curry lentil soup is an easy soup recipe that you can make with just a few ingredients.
10 ingredient, 1-pot lentil soup instructions
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add water (or oil), garlic, shallots/onion (optional), carrots, and celery. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and stir.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until slightly tender and golden brown. Be careful not to burn the garlic (turn heat down if it’s cooking too quickly.).
- Add potatoes and season with a bit more salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes more..
- Add broth and rosemary or thyme and increase heat to medium high. Bring to a rolling simmer. Then add lentils and stir. Once simmering again, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until lentils and potatoes are tender..
- Add kale, stir, and cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes more to wilt. Then taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt and pepper for overall flavor, vegetable broth if it’s become too thick, or herbs for earthy flavor..
- Enjoy as is or serve with rice, cauliflower rice, or a side of flatbread or rolls (links above). I love garnishing mine with a little fresh parsley for a pop of color and freshness (optional)..
This lentil soup with coconut milk is very comforting. This Lebanese crushed lentil soup is one of my childhood favorite recipes. It's vegan and easy to make and is the perfect comfort food. Made with a handful of ingredients, this healthy and hearty soup is the perfect winter warmer! Chunky Lentil and Vegetable Soup This is one of my favorite Instant Pot recipes!