Spicy Green Beans. Our Cheesy Green Bean And Rice Casserole Is Perfect For Any Busy Day Or Night. Save On Healthy Food, Vitamins, Supplements, Personal Care and More at Vitacost®! Combine green beans and water in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook, stirring frequently, until the beans are. Spicy Green Beans are fresh green beans that are tossed in with bacon, onion, and garlic and given a spicy kick with the addition of red pepper flakes. It's all topped off with Romano cheese for a savory side dish that would be great with any dish, especially my French Onion Pork Chops. You can have Spicy Green Beans using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Green Beans
- Prepare 1 pound of green beans trimmed.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sesame oil or oil of your choice (coconut or canola or olive oil).
- You need 2 teaspoons of chili garlic paste.
- You need 2 of green onions thinly sliced – white parts only.
- It’s 1-3 tablespoons of garlic thinly sliced. Depending on preference.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red chilli peppers.
- Prepare of Optional: If you don’t like it too spicy then add a tablespoon of oyster sauce 2 tablespoons fish sauce and put less water in.
- Prepare of Optional: You could add shrimp or tofu but add shrimp in the last few minutes and tofu should be firm or med firm and fried up in garlic and oil in separate pan and then added when you add the sauce.
Tools used in the making of these Spicy Chinese Sichuan Green Beans: Soy Sauce: Nothing much to say here except Kikkoman has the best flavor overall and I always recommend reduced sodium. Wok: Great for high heat, quick cooking. This wok is a great addition to your kitchen if you love cooking Chinese food or stir fries in general. I make green bean recipes quite often.
Spicy Green Beans step by step
- To a wok add the oil of your choice and heat on medium-high heat. I love smell sesame oil so that is my preference..
- Add the green beans and stir fry them for 3-5 minutes or until they start to shrivel up a bit..
- Add in the garlic (if you like garlic than add lots rather than 1 tablespoon), green onions, chili-garlic paste and stir to combine..
- Cook the garlic mixture for 30 seconds to a minute then add in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, water and chili flakes..
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until most of the liquids are completely cooked off..
- Garnish with sesame seeds if desired..
We all like them (even the picky eater!), so I try to vary the recipes I make. This recipe for spicy green beans is a lovely variation on basic sauteed green beans. Although I must admit that with all these tasty variations, my favorite way to make them is still the simplest – boiled green beans. Spicy Pickled Green Beans Spicy Pickled Green Beans. This is the best Copycat PF Chang's Spicy Green Beans recipe and perfect as a side dish or vegetarian main dish served over rice!