Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs. See great recipes for Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs too! In this dish, a duo of orecchiette pasta and cauliflower is tossed with a light, aromatic butter sauce, which highlights shallot, capers, red pepper flakes, and more. A sprinkling of garlic-toasted breadcrumbs finishes the dish with delightfully crispy contrast.
Add the parsley and breadcrumbs, and toss to coat the pasta with the sauce. Let simmer a minute, until the breadcrumbs thicken the sauce. This recipe for orecchiette with caramelized cauliflower, shallots, and herbed breadcrumbs comes from "Scott Conant's New Italian Cooking." This recipe for orecchiette with caramelized cauliflower, shallots, and herbed breadcrumbs comes from "Scott Conant's New Italian Cooking." Top Navigation. You can have Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs
- Prepare 1 head of cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s 4 links of Italian sweet sausage.
- Prepare 1 pound of orecchiette pasta.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare Splash of white wine.
- Prepare 1 can of peas.
- Prepare of Breadcrumbs (toasted).
- You need of Grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Parsley.
In a large shallow pot, heat the oil over medium heat and break up the sausage meat into the pan. In this case, kale is braised with rosemary and chile, while florets of cauliflower are cooked separately with anchovies and more chile until they are sweet and golden. It all combines with currants, pine nuts and bread crumbs and chewy orecchiette pasta, which is unusually sautéed in the pan to slightly crisp up. Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saute pan, heat the oil until warm.
Orecchiette with Sausage, Cauliflower, Peas and Breadcrumbs step by step
- Put olive oil salt and pepper on one head of cut up cauliflower and roast in oven at 425 until crispy (almost black).
- Cook sausage in a large pan and set aside.
- Add some olive oil to the pan where you cooked the sausage and sauté an onion until caramelized.
- Meanwhile, boil water and start cooking the orecchiette.
- Add a splash of white wine to onions and cook off the alcohol.
- Add a ladle of pasta water to the onions and stir.
- Add one can of peas and sausage to the onions.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the peas and onions and stir. Remove from heat and put pasta in large bowl.
- Mix cauliflower in with the pasta.
- Top with grated cheese and toasted breadcrumbs (to toast the bread crumbs, add a little oil to a small pan on high heat and add breadcrumbs. Constantly stir to avoid burning).
- Finish with fresh parsley.
Orecchiette with Sausage, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Broccoli Get Orecchiette with Asparagus and Peas Recipe from Food Network. Orecchiette, from the Italian words "orecchio" (ear) and "etto" (small), is an ear-shaped pasta originating in the beautiful southern region of Italy. Using tongs, transfer to a rimmed baking sheet; let cool. For the toasted bread crumbs: Add the bread crumbs to a large skillet over medium heat.