Moong dal /skinned dal halwa. Moong dal /skinned dal halwa It's difficulty to stir but very tasty and healthy. mamta solanki Mumbai. Move Over Moong Dal Halwa, Try This Moong Dal Payasam To Satisfy Your Sweet Cravings Moong dal halwa is a common dessert in every large gathering or buffet set-up, and we are sure you have tried your hands to make the indulgent dessert at home too; but have you ever tried making moong dal payasam? Preparing moong dal halwa requires proper roasting and stirring for hours with good amount of ghee in it.
This might be the reason halwa getting chewy. Moonga dal halwa is made from moong dal paste which is fried into ghee (clarified butter), then mixed with sugar and condensed milk. Moong Dal Halwa is a delicious and simple recipe that you can prepare anytime. You can cook Moong dal /skinned dal halwa using 2 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moong dal /skinned dal halwa
- Prepare 3 cup of moong dal 1 1/2 cup sugar 1 cup ghee 5 green cardamom.
- Prepare 3 cup of water 1 cup milk 2 tablespoon chopped almonds 2 tablesp.
After that make a smooth paste of dal in a grinding jar. Avoid using water and let the paste be a little thick. It is delicious and pretty easy to make. Moong dal halwa is basically a classic Rajasthani sweet dessert.
Moong dal /skinned dal halwa instructions
- Soak Moong Dal For 12-15 Hours.
- You can use the pulse mode of your mixer grinder to make a coarse paste. Now heat ghee in a pan and add the dal paste to it and stir and cook on low flame and see dal turning golden Stirring is key to a good dal ka halwa and you should not compromise on this step. Next up, add warm milk in the cooked dal and cook until all the milk is soaked and dal is softened. Add the sugar and cardamom powder and fry on medium flame until dal ka halwa turns golden brown.
- You cannot make a Moong Dal Halwa Recipe without enough ghee, enough time at hand, and lots of stirring. So gear up your muscles and keep your diet plan on a back seat and just indulge on this halwa for special occasions..
To make Moong Dal ka Halwa, yellow moong dal is soaked in water for a few hours and then added in a food processor to make a coarse paste. You can use the pulse mode of your mixer grinder to make a coarse paste. Now heat ghee in a pan and add the dal paste to it and stir and cook on low flame and see dal turning golden brown. Moong Dal Halwa always brings back fond childhood memories for me. It was warm, oozing with ghee, garnished with chopped pistachios, and just melted in your mouth.