Lemon Shrimp Pasta. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Pasta Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Combine lemon zest and juice in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Sprinkle in parsley and stir in butter until melted.
Season with the salt and pepper; stir in the basil. Fresh shrimp gets cooked in a buttery lemon garlic sauce and gets tossed in fresh parmesan cheese and pasta. It will become a new favorite! You can cook Lemon Shrimp Pasta using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Shrimp Pasta
- You need 1 lb of shrimp (red argentine, peeled and deveined).
- It’s 1 lb of penne pasta.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 of large white onion, diced.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 of lime.
- Prepare of Pimento-stuffed olives (for topping).
- It’s of Peruvian Sweety Drop Peppers (for topping).
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- You need of Creole Seasoning.
- It’s of Lemon Pepper.
- It’s of Chili Powder.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
I love cooking shrimp because it cooks up so fast and it is such a crowd pleaser! Meanwhile, melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shrimp, white wine, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Add shrimp and saute until pink.
Lemon Shrimp Pasta instructions
- Saute onion, garlic, and ginger in olive oil with a little bit of chili powder, creole seasoning, lemon pepper, salt, and pepper – until they start to brown and sizzle. Keep on low until noodle water is almost boiling..
- Start boiling water in a larger pot, for the pasta noodles. Once the boiling starts, add penne pasta. Cook for 11 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add shrimp on top of seasoning mixture in the pan, adding more of each seasoning. Raise heat to medium-low..
- Zest the lime and the lemon, set zest aside for later. Slice each fruit in half and then juice one half over the cooking shrimp. Lower the heat if you're noticing the shrimp getting done before the noodles. You want them ready at the same time..
- When noodles are done, drain and leave in pot. Add shrimp mixture into noodles. Also add all your lemon/lime zest, mix well..
- Taste, and throw more lemon pepper on top if desired. Toss in olives and peppers to taste as well, and then squeeze the other half of the lemon and lime over pasta..
If desired, garnish with chives. (Pasta is usually only rinsed if it is to be used in a salad.) Dried pasta can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark place and it will keep almost indefinitely. Toss in shrimp, salt and pepper to taste, and stir until shrimp start to turn pink, but are not fully cooked. Add oregano and spinach, cook until wilted. Return cooked pasta to the pot, add remaining butter, parmesan, and parsley. Stir until well mixed and the butter is melted.