Lemon Garlic Seafood Alfredo. Zest a lemon using a zester or a fine grater; set aside. Juice two lemons with a citrus reamer or juicer; set aside. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter and add the garlic with cream and boil until the cream is reduced by half.
Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Lemon Garlic Seafood Alfredo This is a definite indulgence type dinner with a rich and thick creamy garlic sauce, but it takes less than a half hour to make. As with most my meals, reduce the recipe in half if you aren't feeding a large family. You can have Lemon Garlic Seafood Alfredo using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Garlic Seafood Alfredo
- Prepare of Seafood Mix.
- It’s 1 lb of defrosted Seafood Mix (Mussels, Shrimp, Scallops, Calamari).
- You need 1/2 lb of defrosted Baby Shrimp.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Lemon Peel.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Fresh Cracked Pepper.
- Prepare of Alfredo Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter.
- You need of Small Onion (diced).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need 1 cup of Whole Milk.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of dried Italian Seasoning.
- You need 1 Tsp of Lemon Peel.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Sea Salt.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Fresh Cracked Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of Wedge Parmesan Cheese (roughly shredded) *See Story Section.
I use the Fremont Seafood Mix bag from Aldi and Simply Nature Organic Linguine, also from Aldi. In a medium to large bowl toss the shrimp, garlic, parsley (or cilantro), lemon zest, salt and pepper. The dish starts with a garlic lemony Alfredo sauce, which is nothing but butter, garlic, cream, a little lemon juice and zest, and cheese. And apart from waiting for the cream to reduce a good bit, there really isn't much to make it.
Lemon Garlic Seafood Alfredo step by step
- Start by setting all your ingredients out. This dinner is quick to make so you need everything handy..
- Grate the parmesan according to story notes. Set aside..
- Boil water with salt and olive oil. Cook pasta. Drain. Drizzle with olive oil and toss so it doesn't stick, and just set it aside..
- Seafood: In medium skillet on medium heat, add olive oil, butter, garlic, lemon juice, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Let melt and simmer until fragrant (2-3 minutes)..
- Add all defrosted seafood. Simmer until shrimp is pink. Remove from heat and set aside. Do not overcook..
- Alfredo Sauce: In large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, butter, and diced onion. Cook 3-4 minutes until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook another 1-2 minutes until fragrant. (Do not scorch garlic.).
- Add flour and whisk vigorously 1-2 minutes. It will thicken just to spread apart when whisk goes through but go right back together..
- Add heavy cream, milk, Italian seasoning, lemon peel, salt, and pepper. Whisk while cooking another 3-5 minutes until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat..
- Add the more roughly grated half of the parmesan cheese wedge. Continue whisking vigorously until melted and smooth. It will be very thick..
- Get seafood mix that you set aside before and add to the cream sauce, including the juices. This will thin the sauce back out to a nice rich, but not too thick, consistency. Stir well. Put back on medium-low heat a few minutes to ensure it's heated through, stirring the whole time. Then remove from heat..
- Plating: Add mound of pasta to plate. Ladle seafood Alfredo sauce over pasta. Top generously with finely grated parmesan cheese. Serve with side of garlic bread..
The shrimp I like to fry in some pancetta and (a little more) garlic, which takes only a little time, as well. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside. Add shrimp, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, and lemon juice. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Garnish with remaining Parmesan and Romano cheese blend.