Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies. Browse For Yummy & Hassle-Free Cookie Recipes From Kraft®. Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookies Recipe. These big, soft and chewy lemon poppy seed sugar cookies are absolutely addicting!
Lemon lovers, rejoice — these crisp, delicate cookies are made with lots of juice and zest for a delightful tang; poppy seeds add crunch. Like Lemon Sugar Cookies, Key Lime Sugar Cookies and even Orange Sugar Cookies. We have loved every single recipe. You can cook Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies
- You need 1 cup of butter (softened).
- You need 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 cup of + 1 tbs sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tbs of cream (or milk).
- Prepare of Zest of 1 lemon.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 2 tbs of poppyseed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
My son Madden's birthday is in March, and his favorite cake is lemon poppy seed, so when thinking of what to take in for a class treat I came up with the idea of Lemon Poppy Seed Sugar Cookies. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and poppy seeds. Why Sugar Cookies with Lemon are the best. Lemon desserts are a fresh favorite of mine.
Lemon Poppyseed Sugar Cookies step by step
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. About 2-3 min.
- In a separate bowl, add your dry ingredients.
- Add in your egg, lemon juice, zest and cream..
- Add in your dry ingredients gradually until everything well combined..
- Stir in your poppyseeds with a spatula or wooden spoon..
- Form the dough into 2 logs. Place in freezer to harden..
- Slice cookies about 1/4 inch thick, place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 10-12 min or until lightly golden around edges..
I love Lemon Poppyseed Pull Apart Bread and Lemon Whoopie Pies. These lemon poppy seed sugar cookies will become a new favorite for sure. In my opinion, baking these soft sugar cookies is a fair trade for all the work listed above. Sharing another flavorful twist on my cut sugar cookie – lemon poppy seed! They're definitely my new favorite cookie to snack on.