Lemon Pound Cake. This lemon cake is basically a regular pound cake recipe with a few additions to increase the flavor and soften the crumb. For this recipe, I added an extra egg yolk and sour cream, and replaced the all-purpose flour with bread flour to give more structure to the loaf and get a better rise. This lemon pound cake is the ultimate dessert for lemon lovers.
Deliciously tender and moist, our scratch-made Lemon Pound Cake is perfect for both brunch and dessert. Topped with a two-ingredient lemon glaze, every sweet, citrus-kissed slice is simply irresistible. Make this delightful loaf cake to add a little sunshine to your next brunch spread! You can cook Lemon Pound Cake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Pound Cake
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 3/4 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 sticks (10 ounces) of salted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of finely grated lemon zest.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
Use a toothpick to make holes in top of cake and drizzle lemon juice and sugar mixture over the top of the cake when removed from the oven. This Lemon Lover's Pound Cake is a favorite here at Taste of Home. It comes to us from contributor Annettia Mounger of Missouri. It's so loved because this lemon pound cake packs a ton of lemon flavor thanks to lemon zest, lemon juice and a touch of lemon extract.
Lemon Pound Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 9 x 13” metal baking pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper, Grease the paper, and flour the pan..
- In medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt..
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Script on the side of the bowl as needed..
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- Be in the lemon zest and vanilla..
- On the speed, alternate adding the flour mixture in the milk mixture to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture..
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and spread it evenly. Tap the bottom of the pan on the worksurface to get rid of any air bubbles..
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 45 to 15 minutes..
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. If necessary, loosen the cake from the sides of the pan with a small knife. Carefully flip the cake upside down onto the wire rack, peel off the parchment paper, and then turn the cake right side up onto the rack to cool completely..
When we say it's a lemon lovers cake, we mean it! In this lemon pound cake recipe I'm using lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, pure lemon extract and lemon yogurt!! Made with lemon juice, lemon zest, and topped with a lemon buttermilk glaze, this lemon pound cake recipe is scrumptious! A sweet and slightly tart flavor greets your tastebuds first as you take a bite. That's immediately followed by the delicious taste of fresh lemon in the soft. this cake is easy to make and has a good flavor however, if you find it a bit dry add powdered sugar and butter together over low heat until you get a buttery glaze add a little lemon extract if you wish,and pour over warm cake.