Lemon Muffins 🧁. It's light, super moist, tender, and bursting with lemon flavor. It's the only recipe you'll ever need. Poking the tops of the muffins with a fork first will allow the glaze to soak in better.
These Lemon Muffins are light, airy, full of bright lemony flavor and drizzled with a lemon icing. These are perfect for breakfast, brunch or even a snack! Save it for later and PIN IT. You can have Lemon Muffins 🧁 using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Muffins 🧁
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter, melted.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded coconut.
- You need of Toppings.
- You need 1/3 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 of shredded and toasted coconut.
These lemon muffins are a super simple recipe that you need to have in your back pocket!! Beat with a fork the melted butter, milk and egg until well combined. Add the lemon zest & stir to mix. The lemon muffins recipe uses simple ingredients which pretty much will be there in your kitchen.
Lemon Muffins 🧁 step by step
- Combine all the dry ingredients, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt..
- In another bowl, beat the yogurt, vanilla extract, egg, butter, lemon zest, lemon juice..
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the coconut..
- Pour in the batter to fill 2/3 of the muffin cups and bake at 400° F for 20 minutes or until golden brown..
- In a saucepan, combine lemon juice, sugar and toasted coconut and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Poke 6-8 holes in each muffin with a toothpick. Spoon the coconut mixture over muffins..
- Serve warm or cool to room temperature..
- Nutritional value.
The recipe does not use curd or buttermilk as I feel the acidity of lemon juice work very well with leavening agents like baking soda or baking powder, which helps in making the muffins lighter and softer. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, beat the yogurt, egg, butter, lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Whisk the flour, sugar, sesame seeds (if using), baking powder, and salt with the lemon zest. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and salt; mix well.