Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp. Season with the salt and pepper; stir in the basil. The lemon and basil worked perfectly with the shrimp and pasta. I would have given it five stars, but, I think the ingredient ratio was off for the amount of pasta used.
Combine lemon zest and juice in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Sprinkle in parsley and stir in butter until melted. Add shrimp to the lemon sauce. You can cook Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp
- Prepare 1 T of evoo.
- It’s 3/4 pound of lg shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 1/4 t of salt & fresh ground pepper (for seasoning shrimp).
- Prepare 1 pound of spaghetti (i use gluten free yam starch noodles).
- Prepare 1/2 t of salt, plus more for the pasta water.
- You need 2/3 c of evoo.
- Prepare 2/3 c of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 T of lemon zest(about 1 lg lemon).
- It’s 1/2 c of fresh lemon juice (about 2 lg lemons).
- Prepare 1/4 t of ground pepper.
- You need 1 of \3 c chopped fresh basil.
- You need 2 T of capers, she has a process to roast these. I used them raw.
Mix pasta, shrimp, sauce, and Parmesan cheese together in a large serving bowl. While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Add the salt, pepper and basil and toss. Garnish with the fried capers. (Pasta is usually only rinsed if it is to be used in a salad.) Dried pasta can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dark place and it will keep almost indefinitely.
Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp step by step
- Season shrimp with s&p. Sautee in oo heated to med. 2-3 mins per side in single layer. Cook until no longer gray and translucent.
- Cook the pasta in the very salted water in very large pot until a la dente or to your liking or follow directions on box. You will save 1 cup of pasta water before you drain.
- Whisk olive oil, parm cheese,.
- Lemon zest and juice in lg bowl, blend. Toss the shrimp and the pasta into sauce and add reserved pasta water 1/4 cup at a time to moisten, and toss to get to desired sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix in basil and capers.
- Sprinkle with extra parm cheese (optional) Mine verses theirs. I think mine looks better.
Fresh shrimp gets cooked in a buttery lemon garlic sauce and gets tossed in fresh parmesan cheese and pasta. It will become a new favorite! I love cooking shrimp because it cooks up so fast and it is such a crowd pleaser! Even the kids love it no matter which. Meanwhile, melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.