Pan-fried sole with lemon, basil and garlic crumb. Add the panko to a small non-stick pan on medium heat. See great recipes for Pan-fried sole with lemon, basil and garlic crumb too! See great recipes for Pan-fried sole with lemon, basil and garlic crumb too!
Put the flour on the first plate, and season the flour with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Place flour mixture in first dish. Place beaten eggs in second dish. You can cook Pan-fried sole with lemon, basil and garlic crumb using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pan-fried sole with lemon, basil and garlic crumb
- It’s 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1/2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, zested.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh basil, finely sliced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 4 of sole fillets, skinless and deboned.
In third dish, place bread crumbs. To bread fish fillets, coat with flour mixture, dip into eggs, then coat with bread crumbs. Coat the sole fillets in the seasoned flour dust off any excess. Heat a large non-stick pan and add the oil.
Pan-fried sole with lemon, basil and garlic crumb instructions
- Add the panko to a small non-stick pan on medium heat. Keep the crumbs moving until they start to take on colour, about 2 to 3 minutes. Use a microplane to grate in the garlic and add 2 tbsp olive oil to slightly moisten the crumbs. Keep on the heat, stirring frequently, until the crumbs are golden brown, about another 2 to 3 minutes..
- Remove the crumbs to a bowl and add the remaining olive oil, lemon zest, basil, and a pinch of salt. Stir together and set aside..
- Add the butter to a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Season the sole fillets with salt and a little pepper. When the butter's fully melted and starting to turn golden, add the fish and fry for 2 minutes per side. Squeeze the juice from half a lemon onto the fillets, then remove them to a serving plate..
- Continue cooking the butter until it's the colour of caramel. Pour the sauce over the fish, then sprinkle the crumb generously over that. Serve with the remaining lemon, cut into wedges..
Add remaining oil and butter to pan and repeat with remaining fish. Get the best of MyRecipes in your inbox. Trying to find simple and healthy recipes to cook. This was GREAT but I did add a few additions. Added a clove of fresh garlic chopped a leaf of chopped fresh basil and added a teaspoon of bread crumbs.