Lemon chicken soup. Easy Chicken Recipe Made With Two Of The Most Popular Flavors Perfectly Blended Together. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. In a large pot, combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, carrots, onions, celery, soup base, and white pepper.
Any short cut of pasta will work, just simmer until the pasta is al dente. Rice will work well to make a chicken lemon rice soup recipe, but keep in mind that different types of rice have different cook times. Based on other comments, I only used one cup of water so that it was thicker. You can have Lemon chicken soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon chicken soup
- You need 3 of plump raw chicken breasts.
- You need 1 1/2 of large carrots (peeled).
- You need 1 of yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of lemons.
- Prepare 2 pints (8 cups) of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 can of chicken broth.
- It’s Handful of small red potatoes, cut in half.
- You need Pinch of Dried basil leaves, garlic powder, chicken bullion cube.
- You need of Onion powder, old bay seasoning.
- Prepare of Minced garlic.
- Prepare of Salt (I ised kosher), pepper, olive oil.
I thought this soup was simple and delicious! I will definitely make again but might use chicken broth and cooked white rice instead of the condensed soup. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. How to Make Greek Lemon Chicken Soup.
Lemon chicken soup instructions
- Dump 1 can chicken broth, 2 cans of water (from chicken broth), chicken bullion cube (broken in half), a few shakes of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper & old bay. Let come to boil. In the meantime, wash chicken (run under warm water) and cut into thirds, put in bowl. Cut ends off lemon and squeeze over chicken. Add a few shakes garlic powder & a a small spoonful of minced garlic into bowl. Mix around..
- Once liquid is boiling, add potatoes, a few lemon slices and chicken to pot. Put lid on, but not all the way, let cook 20 minutes..
- While the chicken is boiling, dice onions and let saute over some oil on medium heat. Once translucent, slice carrots and add to pan, switch to medium high heat. Cook until a little brown..
- Once 20 min is up, remove most of broth leaving just a little in pot, remove chicken and put on cutting board. Add vegetable mixture to pot & 8 cups of heavy cream. Put a few more lemon slices, basil, salt, pepper & garlic powder (to your liking)..
- Shred chicken, add back to pot. Add shake of salt, some pepper & more dried basil. Add a splash of water. Partially cover & let cook 15min, occasionally stirring..
- Serve with lemon, or take lemon slices out, depending on your taste. Enjoy!.
This recipe is pretty straight forward and simple to make so enjoy! Raise the heat to high, cover, and bring to a boil. This Lemon Chicken Soup becomes your new Chicken Noodle. Here's why: The base is smooth, creamy, and velvety… without cream. But even though it's creamy, it's also still brothy enough to slurp, like any good Chicken Noodle-y type soup should be.