Boiled sweet potato with salt and lemon. This Sweet Potato Mash with Lemon and Sage makes the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The sweet potatoes are boiled in broth/stock before being mashed with olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and plenty of salt and pepper. Once mashed they are topped with a nutty brown butter and crispy sage leaves!
Once the sweet potatoes are soft, turn off the fire Peel the skin from the sweet potato and cut it into similarly sized chunks or cubes. This ensures they will cook evenly, with no tough spots. Place the potato pieces in a stockpot and cover the potatoes with water by a few inches. You can cook Boiled sweet potato with salt and lemon using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Boiled sweet potato with salt and lemon
- You need 1 of sweet potato.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need of a.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt with rice malt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- You need 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Add a generous pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce. Place a half of a lemon and frill it until golden brown. Boil and smash sweet potatoes in advance.
Boiled sweet potato with salt and lemon step by step
- Wash the sweet potatoes and peel them (To be striped) Cut into 1.5cm widths and put it in the water.
- Mix A.
- Put 3 tablespoons of water and sweet potatoes in a pan and shake a pinch of salt. Close the lid and cook over low heat.
- Once the sweet potatoes are soft, turn off the fire Put A in the pan and boil it.
- Put in a bowl.
Serve your grilled chicken breast with grilled lemon, mashed sweet potatoes and delicious broccolis. To boil sweet potatoes, first peel the potatoes using a vegetable peeler or pairing knife. Then, cut the potatoes into bite sized cubes. Finely shred the leaves and slide them into a large bowl. The leaves should be glossy, dark green and slightly softened.