Lemongrass soy chicken. How to serve the lemongrass chicken. The lemongrass chicken can be a stand-alone meal. It is also ideal for serving with soup noodles.
Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, maple syrup, oil, soy sauce, black pepper, garlic, lemongrass and shallot in a blender or food processor. Combine the chicken and marinade in a large bowl. Toss until the chicken is evenly coated. You can have Lemongrass soy chicken using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemongrass soy chicken
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Lemongrass.
- It’s of Garlic.
- You need of Red onion.
- It’s of Dried chili pepper.
- You need of Lemon juice (squeeze out of lemon direct,no need much of it,depend on your serving portion).
Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken is not only marinated with lemongrass but red curry paste, Asian sweet chili sauce, garlic, ginger, basil, soy sauce and fish sauce for a tantalizing complex, can't-stop-eating chicken! Mix canola oil, lemongrass, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and fish sauce together in a mixing bowl until the sugar is dissolved; add chicken and turn to coat in the marinade. Vermicelli noodles topped with fresh vegetables and herbs, an incredible lemongrass marinated chicken and drizzled with Nuoc Cham, the chilli garlic sauce that's served with everything in Vietnam!. Cut off top third of stalk, then cut off root end of stalk; discard.
Lemongrass soy chicken instructions
- Prepare all your ingredients as below.heat your wok and add in your sugar until it get caramel,and then fry your chicken about 5-7 minutes. Then put aside..
- Then add in all your ingredients except for lemongrass I divide it to two portion because I want some freshness lemongrass taste and the well fry lemongrass. It will come out good. Fry until all turn golden color and aroma of the herbs out, then add in your chicken.Mixed well..
- Add in your sauces and black pepper(which I already mixed all together in advance) and abit of water,mixed stir it and squeeze some of lemon juice. And leave it about 10minutes with your pot closed with medium heat. Then it’s done… happy meal 🙂 happy tummy and happy husband..
Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Add the lemongrass and garlic to the chicken and gently rub them on the chicken. Add all the Marinade ingredients to the chicken, stir to mix well so the chicken drumsticks are nicely marinated with all the ingredients. You may also use your choice of favoured chicken parts like bone-in chicken thighs, drumsticks, and wings. I use soy bean paste (taucheo) which is also referred to as fermented soy bean paste or salted soy bean paste.