Chili Lemongrass Meatballs. View Our Easy & Quick Spaghetti & Meatball Recipe. Great recipe for Chili Lemongrass Meatballs. These meatballs are tasty as appetizers, as the protein in a fresh Southeast Asian style roll or noodle salad, in a hot noodle soup, or atop a rice bowl with some fresh veg and/or pickles to accompany.
What you could do is use some lemon zest and add some extra ginger. It wouldn't be exactly the same, but you'd be on the right track. BTW where in Costa Rica are you living? You can have Chili Lemongrass Meatballs using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chili Lemongrass Meatballs
- It’s 2.5 pounds of ground pork.
- You need 2 teaspoons of oil for sweating aromatics.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of minced shallots.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 2-3 Tablespoons of minced chili of your choice (I used serranos this time).
- It’s 1/4 cup of very finely chopped lemongrass (just the white ends).
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s of zest of 1 lime.
- Prepare 3-4 Tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro.
- You need 2.5 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1-2 Tablespoons of oil, depending on how fatty your ground pork is, for the meatball mix.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of oil for rolling meatballs.
I have a family friend who lives in Puerto Viejo and has a restaurant called Chili Rojo. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix to combine. Shape tablespoons of the mixture into balls. This recipe for Thai Turkey Meatballs with Coconut Lemongrass Sauce, created by chef and friend, MaryAnn Delaney instantly transports me to sunny Thailand with its fragrant aromas and fresh ingredients.
Chili Lemongrass Meatballs instructions
- Sweat the onion, shallots, garlic, chilies, and lemongrass in the 2 teaspoons oil in a pre-heated medium pan for 4 minutes or so, or until the onions are translucent..
- Preheat oven to 450F..
- Combine all of the rest of the ingredients with the sweated onions, etc. in a large mixing bowl, and massage all ingredients together until they are just evenly incorporated..
- Line a sheetpan or cookie sheet with foil, and lightly oil the foil..
- Lightly oil your hands and form roughly 1 ¾” meatballs, placing them at least 1.5 inches away from the next meatball in your sheetpan or cookie sheet. The oil not only helps to keep the meatball mixture from sticking to your hands, but it helps the meatball sear more quickly, therefore retaining the juices..
- Place the sheetpan in the oven so that the top of the meatballs is about 4 inches away from the top heat element. (Usually either the first or second rack in most ovens.) Bake for 13 minutes..
- Then turn the oven to broil and broil an additional minute to two minutes to achieve desired browning on top..
- Enjoy! :).
The meatballs, made with ground turkey – are not only healthy, they are incredibly flavorful, seasoned with lemongrass, ginger, and shallots. The meatballs are simmered in a Coconut Lemongrass. For meatballs: Chill pork in freezer while making lemongrass paste. I love the flavours of Thailand – ginger, chili, garlic, lemongrass, lime – and the perfect balance of sweet-salty-sour-hot that winds its way through the nation's cuisine, singing perfect high notes on your tastebuds. These meatballs are packed with all those bright flavours.