Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass. Heat the coconut milk to a simmer, add to the carrot puree and mix well. Return the soup to a simmer. The consistency will be slightly thick.
I especially love to make this soup with peak-season carrots from the farmers market. Lemongrass: It adds bright, refreshing flavor! If you can't find lemongrass, use. You can have Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass
- It’s 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of lemongrass stalk, trimmed and tough outer layer discarded.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of finely grated ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of red thai curry paste.
- Prepare 1 lb of carrots, sliced.
- You need 1 quart of hot vegetable stock.
- Prepare 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 1 of fresh ground black pepper.
- Prepare 6 oz of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of lime.
Add the rest of the tin to the carrots with the stock. Add the carrots and ginger and mix to combine. Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk and mix to combine. Remove the outer leaves of the lemongrass stalks, chop off both ends and bash them on top of a chopping board to release their aroma.
Carrot Soup w/ Coconut and Lemongrass step by step
- In large saucepan heat oil and add onion. Cook for 3-4 mins until soft..
- Next add lemongrass, ginger, and garlic and cook for 2 mins. Add curry paste and cook for 1 min stirring all the time..
- Add carrots and cook for 2 mins..
- Add the vegetable stock and lime leaves and simmer for 20-25 mins until carrots are tender..
- Remove from heat and discard lime leaves. Add coconut milk and puree the soup in a food processor..
- Garnish with black pepper and serve with a lime wedge..
Place the lemongrass stalks on top of the broth. Cover the saucepan and bring to a boil. A one-pot preparation done in the pressure cooker, this soup is an easy weeknight meal. Enjoy the smooth, balanced flavors of complementary sweet carrots and astringent, citrusy lemongrass, featuring leeks, garlic, and coconut milk. Remove the lemongrass stalks from the pot.