Sour Chilli potato & sweet turmeric paneer (Veg). Try Out A Classic Tonight With Easy Potatoes Au Gratin. Tasty & Delicious chilli potato recipe. DRIED CHILLI POTATO: Peel, cut, boil & strain potatoes.
Heat up your chili in a small pot. Slice the potatoes in half, smush the middle with a fork, and then add a ladle of chili to the center of each potato. Stop with cheese and sour cream and serve. You can have Sour Chilli potato & sweet turmeric paneer (Veg) using 27 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sour Chilli potato & sweet turmeric paneer (Veg)
- You need of Dried chilli potato.
- Prepare 8-10 of small white potatoes.
- Prepare of Cobram garlic & rosemary olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of white onion.
- You need 1/2 of red onion.
- You need 5-6 cloves of Garlic.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Paprika.
- Prepare of Dried chilli.
- It’s of Coriander powder.
- It’s of Ground ginger.
- Prepare of Tarragon.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
- You need of Nutmeg.
- You need of Allspice.
- You need of Juice of 1/2 lime/lemon.
- Prepare of Sweet turmeric paneer.
- Prepare of Cobram garlic and ginger olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion.
- Prepare 3-5 tbsp of raw sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of nutmeg.
- You need of Turmeric (2 tbsp).
- It’s of Lemongrass.
- You need 1 can of coconut cream.
- You need of Couple of squeezes of lime.
- You need 400 g of paneer.
Chilli potato is served in Indi. Fried potatoes dipped in spicy and sour sauces. Follow this recipe to get a restaurant-style Chilli potato. Chilli potato is served in Indian Restaurants and it is popular as a starter.
Sour Chilli potato & sweet turmeric paneer (Veg) step by step
- DRIED CHILLI POTATO: Peel, cut, boil & strain potatoes.
- Add oil to pan and heat (I use Cobram olive oil; it's good &, not cut with any vegetable or damaging oils).
- Add garlic and bring to sizzle.
- Add white onion (1/2) then red onion (1/2) and stir/toss.
- Add potatoes & salt, mixing slowly to avoid crushing soft potatoes for about a minute.
- Add paprika, dried chilli, coriander powder, ground ginger, tarragon, cinnamon, nutmeg & allspice them mix gently and let fry (turn on your oven to 180° and line your tray with foil and let it heat up in the oven).
- As the mix browns (the potatoes might be pretty soft) add some lime juice and let cook for a few more minutes.
- Pop the potatoes from the pan into the tray and turn up your oven to about 250° and let bake for about 10mins or until desired (best to check every 5-6 minutes just in case, it burns quickly).
- SWEET TURMERIC PANEER: Add oil & bring to heat.
- Add white onion, cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, turmeric & lemongrass; cook til soft.
- Add coconut cream and stir till silky, add paprika and stir in then let simmer on low heat for a few minutes before adding in a couple of squeezes of lime.
- Add paneer and let cook on low for about 5-10 minutes (allows paneer to soften as well as thickening up the curry).
- Can serve with side salad and/or rice, bread, naan etc (fyi the serving size in the image is pretty generous).
The dish is popular in kids as well. Chilli potato recipe with step by step pics. This is a deliciously addictive spicy chilli potato recipe. These crispy fried potatoes in a spicy, sour and slightly sweet sauce are so good and you will definitely ask for more. Spicy and sour shredded potatoes (TudouSi) is a humble and basic Chinese stir-fry dishes.