Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup). Indonesian Chicken Soup Instant Mix Bamboe & Indofood Brand Soto Ayam Soto Ayam (Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup) is another popular dish in Indonesia. It is like chicken soup but the broth is yellow because of turmeric. It is served with glass noodles , fried or boiled potatoes, chicken, fried onions , emping (padi oats crackers), slices of hard boiled egg, blanched bean sprouts, parsley, and sometimes diced tomato.
This version of the classic Indonesian chicken soup comes from the Hyatt Regency in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. In the magazine, they talk about having a no RSVP soup party which is low pressure & high commitment. You provide the soup & your guests provide the bread or drinks or nothing at all – no stress. You can cook Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup) using 30 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup)
- Prepare 2 of litters chicken broth (you can substitute with chicken powder and water).
- It’s 2 stalks of lemon grass the white part.
- Prepare 3 of tiny slices galangal.
- Prepare 4 of lemon kafir leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- It’s of For the spices:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper (any peppers white or black).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger powder (you can used the fresh ginger).
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 5-7 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of onion chopped (you can used shallots).
- You need of Oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s of For topping:.
- Prepare of Cooked rice or cooked noodle (vermicelli noodle).
- You need of Shredded cabbage.
- Prepare of Tiny sliced green onion.
- You need leaves of Chopped celery or Chinese celery.
- You need of Fried shallots.
- Prepare of Roasted plain peanut (optional).
- You need of Lime wedges.
- You need of Hard boiled eggs.
- Prepare of Sweet soy sauce (optional).
- Prepare of For chilli sauce:.
- It’s of Chilies.
- You need 1 pinch of chicken powder.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
Soto Ayam is a rich and aromatic bowl of Indonesian-Malaysian chicken soup. Then add the lime juice and season with salt to taste. Drain and divide among serving bowls. Top with sambal oelek, coriander leaves and a.
Instant Indonesian “Soto Ayam” (Yellow Chicken Soup) instructions
- Boil the broth a big pan along with the lemon grass, lemon kafir leaves, bay leaves, and galanga. When it’s boiling and turn down the heat to the simmer..
- Meanwhile grind all the spices accept oil into pasta. I use a blender to blend all the spices..
- Now heat up the oil in a pan add the spices pasta and stir well until aromat and cooked through. Then transfer into the broth, season with salt. Cover let it cook and simmer for about 20 minutes. Adjust the taste before turn off the heat. Usually I leave it in simmer until ready to serve..
- While waiting for the broth, let’s make the chilli sauce. In a small pan add chilies and water. Bring it to boil for 5-10 minutes then take it off and drained it. Using a blender put the chilies in it add 2-3 tbsp broth, salt, pinch of chicken powder, and blend it. Scraped the chilli pasta out from the blender and transfer to the bowl. Add lemon juice and stir well, don’t forget to adjust the taste,and set asides..
- To assembly: Using a bowl (medium-big soup bowl) add a bit of rice and noodle or you can choose either one, than tops with shredded cabbage, shredded chicken, and ladle the hot broth into the bowl. Then sprinkle sliced green onion, chopped or sliced celery, fried shallots, roasted peanut, half hard boiled eggs, spoon of chilli sauce, and squeezed lemon juice..
- And it’s done! Now you have a delicious satisfying meal that you can enjoy in any time and any season. Enjoy!.
Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup. This is an easy, healthy, homemade soup that can be made from scratch. Prepared with a simple aromatic chicken broth that's infused with Asian spices, this soup is flavourful on its own. But, when generously ladled over noodles, topped with chunky, juicy, tender chicken pieces, slices of boiled. Soto Ayam is a chicken noodle soup popular in Malaysia and Indonesia.