Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup. Add Chicken Stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar; bring to a simmer. Stir in seasonings, chili sauce, coconut milk and broth; bring to a boil. Serve with green onions and lime wedges.
Add broth, coconut milk and whole chicken breasts. Tom kha gai, or Thai coconut chicken soup, is a spicy and sour hot soup made with coconut milk. The heat comes from chili-garlic sauce, and the sour from the lime juice. You can cook Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup
- You need 10 of Boneless Chicken Thighs.
- It’s 2 tbs of chili oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbs of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tbs of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of paprika.
- It’s 3 cans of coconut milk.
- You need 2 of jalapenos, sliced keeping the seeds.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro chopped.
- You need to taste of Fish sauce.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Lemongrass optional.
Spicy Thai Chicken Coconut Soup with Zoodles. While I love making healthy, spiralized version of my favorite pasta dishes, I think I may love Inspiralizing my favorite noodle dishes more! There's so much flavor in Asian noodle dishes, and I always want to lick the bowl clean when I'm done, but I get so full off the traditional style noodles. The lemon grass is there to flavour the broth and impart its lovely aroma – it's too tough to eat.
Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup step by step
- Slice the chicken thighs length wise and season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder and paprika..
- Heat the chili oil in a pot and cook chicken until most of the liquid evaporates, flipping the chicken occassionally. About 20-30 minutes on medium heat..
- When chicken is done, add the coconut milk, jalapenos, cilantro, and lemongrass to the pot (ok if you do not have lemongrass as I've made this so many times without it and it still came out good)..
- Season with fish sauce to taste (this is pretty salty). I usually add about 1/8 cup of this and another tsp of salt..
- This will be pretty darn spicy, but you can always modify with less heat..
- I hope you enjoy this as much as I do..
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually. This simple Thai chicken soup has that distinctive Thai flavor-a balance of spicy, salty, sweet, and sour. You will especially welcome this soup's warmth during the winter. Tom Ka Gai can either be served as an appetizer or as the star player.