Deep Fried Chicken (East Java Style). Deep Fried Chicken (East Java Style). Here is how you achieve it. See great recipes for Deep Fried Chicken (East Java Style) too!
Some people call it Nasi Goreng Terasi aka Terasi (Shrimp. I have tried to make fried chicken many times different ways. On the stove in a deep fryer in an electric skillet. You can have Deep Fried Chicken (East Java Style) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deep Fried Chicken (East Java Style)
- Prepare 1/2 kg of chicken (i use drummet).
- You need 1 cm of turmeric or 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 cm of galangal.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seed.
- It’s 2 of bayleaves.
- Prepare 2 of lemongrass.
- It’s 1/2 of red onion.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 5 cups of water.
This was the best simplest way to prepare it. Now don't think it's supposed to look and taste like KFC. Deep fried and pan fried produce two very different types of chicken. This had a thin crisp coating and was nice and juicy.
Deep Fried Chicken (East Java Style) step by step
- Grind red onion, garlics, turmeric, and coriander seed.
- Put cooking oil in a pot, add ground spices, stir it in medium fire until turns golden..
- Add lemongrass, galangal, bayleaves, salt and sugar, stir it well..
- Add water, mix it well. Add the chicken, cover the pot, slow cook until the water reduces less than half..
- Let it settle, when it cools down, deep fry the chicken..
To make the spice mix, combine all the ingredients. Open the chicken thighs and put between two pieces of baking parchment, then flatten using a rolling pin. Next, combine the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and onion powder together, adding any additional spices or herbs that you like. Mix all the ingredients except the oil, breadcrumbs, eggs, and chicken in a large bowl. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg and then turn them over in the breadcrumbs.