Chicken Green Curry. Find Deals on Green Curry Thai in Groceries on Amazon. Make this savory chicken dish with Thai green curry paste, available in Asian markets, for a fast weeknight dinner. Tender boneless, skinless chicken pieces simmer in a sauce flavored with coconut milk, ginger, green onions, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
Put the seeds in a clean coffee grinder or spice mill and buzz the spices to a powder. Heat oil in a wok until it starts to shimmer. Add chicken breast slices, stirring until coated. You can have Chicken Green Curry using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Green Curry
- You need of Curry Paste.
- Prepare 1 cup of thai basil.
- You need 1 cup of cilantro stem on.
- You need 1/2 cup of parsley.
- Prepare 15 of thai green chillies.
- It’s 10 of lime leaves.
- You need 3 stalks of lemon grass.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of corriander.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s of Chicken green curry.
- Prepare 4 of chicken breasts 1 cm cubes.
- You need 4 cans of coconut milk.
- It’s 2 cups of carrots diced.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers julienned.
- Prepare 8 stalks of celery diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 4 cups of cooked thai rice.
Heat the oil in a large pan on high and brown chicken all over. Whichever way you go, the one essential step to make a really great green curry is to fry off the curry paste. Make this with chicken or even entirely meat free. With a sauce this good, you can put anything in it – and it will taste amazing!
Chicken Green Curry instructions
- Blend all curry paste ingredients in a food processor adding water as required to create a smooth paste.
- In a saucepan cook curry paste until most of the water content is reduced out and it looks more like a paste.
- Saute chicken breast with salt, pepper and olive oil..
- Add vegetables. Add coconut milk. Cook for 15-20 minutes over medium heat until vegetables are soft..
- Add green curry paste. Continue cooking and stirring until sauce has reduced.
- Serve green curry over rice.
Green curry wasn't just the dish that got me into cooking in earnest (and for that it would have to fight it out with laap and great bolognese and also South Indian pork vindaloo). It was also the dish, it turned out, that happened to be a favorite of my now-husband, a man I met on one of those trips to Los Angeles, and who ended up following me back to Ohio, where — I am sorry to say. Pour the coconut milk into a saute pan, add the curry and simmer a minute or two. Add the chicken simmer another few minutes. MIX coconut milk, stock, basil, fish sauce, green curry paste and brown sugar in medium saucepan.