Beef Rendang. Find Deals on Beef Rendang in Pantry Staples on Amazon. Rendang is a rich and tender coconut beef stew which is explosively flavorful and beef rendang is the most popular rendang. Called "rendang daging" in local language, it's arguably the most famous beef recipe in Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore.
Also, palm sugar is preferred to white sugar. Otherwise, the recipe is quite authentic.. Beef Rendang is a Malaysian curry and is considered by many to be the king of all curries! You can have Beef Rendang using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Rendang
- You need 1 kg of beef (chuck beef).
- It’s 3 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3 of kaffir lime leaf.
- It’s 1 inch of galangal (bruised).
- You need 2 stalks of lemongrass (bruised).
- You need 2 L of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of salt.
- Prepare of Blended Spices.
- Prepare 5 of shallot.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 5 of cayenne pepper (you could add or reduce the amount).
- It’s 4 of candlenut.
- Prepare 2 inch of turmeric.
- It’s 1.5 inch of ginger.
- It’s 1 Tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of coriander powder.
To say it's extravagantly delicious is an understatement. There are very few curries in this world with such amazingly complex flavours. Originally from Indonesia though now more well known as a Malaysia curry, the sauce is made with aromatic spices like cinnamon, cardamom and. Beef rendang is carefully stirred, simmered and cooked for three to four hours until the coconut milk has totally evaporated and the meat has absorbed the flavor of the herbs and spices.
Beef Rendang instructions
- Prepare all ingredients. Cut beef into 4x4x4cm cubes. Toss the blended spice ingredients to blender. Give small amount of water to blender..
- Heat the wok with medium fire. Add coconut milk, spice mixture, bay leaf, kaffir lime leaf, galangal, lemongrass and salt. Mix it well. Put beef chunks after the sauce is boiled..
- Slow cook beef with low heat. Simmer it for approximately 4 hours until coconut milk turn into oil and the beef becomes dark brown and tender. Keep stir the beef every 10 minutes while simmering it, so it won't burnt..
- Some say the more you reheat the beef on the next day, the more tasty it gets..
- Beef Rendang is ready to serve with rice ✨.
Dried rendang can be stored at room temperature for three to four weeks. It can even last up to six months if frozen. Beef Rendang Instead of searing the meat before cooking it in liquid, as is done with a Western-style braise, beef rendang reverses the process. Slowly simmering beef chuck with Indonesian spice. Add the beef, galangal, lemongrass, turmeric leaf and kaffir lime leaves, and stir to combine well.