Mushroomy-Cheesy Pie. Fill with pie weights—dry beans, dry rice, or sugar work well. Poke the bottom and sides of the pie crust all around with the tines of a fork. If you don't have a food processor, just knead the ingredients together in a bowl using either a fork or your hands.
Pour over the shredded cheese and bake. Top with a circle of pastry, seal and crimp the edges. Brush pastry with the egg wash and prick the top to create steam holes. You can have Mushroomy-Cheesy Pie using 29 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroomy-Cheesy Pie
- It’s 2 packages of puff pastry.
- Prepare 150 g of cold cut meat of your choice.
- You need 200 g of easy melting cheese.
- It’s 200 g of champion mushrooms.
- Prepare 200 g of curd.
- It’s 150 g of green pesto.
- It’s 3 of tbp bolognese tomato sauce.
- It’s 50 g of butter for buttering the ovenproof dish.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk for top of pie.
- You need of For the caramelized onions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- It’s 3 of big onions.
- It’s 4 tbsp of mustard with added horseradish.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of masala spice mix.
- You need of For tomato salad.
- It’s 6 pieces of red raddish.
- Prepare 2 of big tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of big onion.
- It’s of Juice of one lemon.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of For cucumber salad.
- It’s 1 of big cucumber.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of Juice of half lemon.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
It was quite tasty and filling. Remove from the oven and serve warm with your chosen side dish. This recipe for Cheesy Chicken & Mushroom Pie uses ready made puff pastry & Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips, whole mushrooms, and pre-grated cheese making a really simple dish to prepare. This fantastic dosh is just what you need for those busy school night dinners.
Mushroomy-Cheesy Pie instructions
- I buttered the ovenproof dish: bottom and walls too.
- Then I carefully put the puff pastry into the dish, best idea is to put two layers to "strenghten" the "walls"..
- Next I made the caramelized onions: on little oil I fried the onions, adding salt and sugar, scraping often. I did this on a low flame so they dont burn. When onions are caramelized I took them out of the pan but left the oil in it for the mushrooms..
- I peeled the champion mushroom and cut them into slices. I put them on the oil left behind by the onion, added some more oil, added the masala spice mix and added the mustard which has horse radish in it. I stirred them often, and I let them get a nice brown colour. Then I added back the caramelized onions and kept stirring for a short time on high flame..
- I put the cold cut meat as first layer on the puff pastry.
- Then added grated cheese and anothe layer of meet, and a layer of bolognese tomato sauce mixed with some green pesto.
- Then came the mushrooms with onion and more cheese.
- Next I mixed the curd with the rest of the pesto, put it as next layer, then covered it with another layer of cold cut meat. I put some mustard- horse radish mix on top of the meat..
- Next I made the decoration top out of puff pastry, gave it an egg yolh wash and put it in the oven on 250 degrees celcius, till the top puff pastry got golden..
- I made a salad by cutting the radish, tomato and onion into same sized cubes and gave it a dressing by mixing lemon juice with salt and sugar.
- For the cucumber salad I mixed the shredded cucumber with the smashed garlic cloves and gave it a dressing made of lemon juice with salt and sugar.
Your family will be asking for this creamy, cheesy pie again and again! Place a piece of aluminum foil on the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. Fill with dry beans (this will stop the pastry from puffing up during baking). Take from oven and remove beans and foil (be careful, they will be hot). This cheesy mushroom lentil cottage pie is an old vegetarian favourite.