Deviled Strawberries. These deviled strawberries are easy to make with simple and cheap ingredients! They are filled with a cream cheese filling and taste just like strawberry cheesecake but in the form of finger food. Either way, this spectacular table display will be the hit of the party.
Either way, this spectacular table display will be the hit of the party. "Deviled strawberries" filled with blue cheese and pecans, top, and whipped brie with basil and balsamic use hulled out strawberries instead of eggs to create an appetizer. These deviled hearts are kind of heart shaped, but really delicious because it's a little squirt of cream cheese on a strawberry. Perfect to share for dessert after that romantic dinner you made, or perfect to eat a plateful and watch tv. You can have Deviled Strawberries using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deviled Strawberries
- It’s 18-24 of large strawberries.
- It’s 1 (8 ounce) of package of cream cheese (softened).
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2/3 cup of white granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of graham cracker crumbs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice (optional).
Prepare the strawberries by removing the stalk and hull with a strawberry huller tool, then slice them in half. Place them on a deviled egg platter (if you have one). Pipe the filling into the strawberries. Deviled Strawberries Simple Recipe For dessert bars, dessert delights, dessert recipes, dessert recipes easy, dessert recipes for a crowd, dessert table ideas and amazing dessert.
Deviled Strawberries instructions
- Prep the strawberries by cutting off the stems and slicing them in half. Next, cut a small sliver off of the back of each strawberry half so that they sit up straight. Then use a small melon baller to carefully hollow out the middle (you don't need to take out much, just make a small enough indent so that the cream cheese filling doesn't slide off)..
- Place the softened cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a medium sized mixing bowl (DO NOT add the heavy whipping cream). Beat with an electric mixer until smooth..
- In a different medium sized mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form (about 5 minutes)..
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well incorporated..
- Fill a piping bag with the cream cheese mixture (I used a star tip), and pipe it onto each sliced strawberry..
- Finish with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs. Serve and enjoy!.
- Notes-The number of strawberries you need to match the amount of cream cheese mixture really depends on the size of the strawberries. I bought a large container of medium sized strawberries from Costco, and still ended up with a bit of leftover cream cheese mixture. You CAN make the cream cheese mixture (including whipped cream) the day before. My leftovers were the perfect consistency the next day. I may or may not have been eating it with a spoon..
- The strawberries can also be cut and prepped the day before, just be sure to place them in an air tight container with a paper towel so that they don't get soggy or end up with that weird refrigerator taste..
These sweet cream cheese stuffed strawberries are the most delightful finger food for just about any party. These deviled strawberries are easy to make with simple ingredients! They are filled with a cream cheese filling and taste just like strawberry cheesecake but in the form of finger food. Both a dessert and an appetizer idea for any occasion. For full recipe details see the recipe card below and make sure to check out the very informative video!