Lemon Bars. Try our creamy, dreamy Lemon Squares recipe today. Delicious Vegan Bars Made with only Real Lemon, Cashews, Almonds and Dates. Excellent, everything a true lemon bar should be.
This lemon bar recipe has a wonderful tangy flavor, and they're always a hit. The color and shape make them a nice addition to a platter of cookies. —Etta Soucy, Mesa, Arizona The Contessa's easy-to-make lemon bars make a great dessert for a picnic. Citrus zest is a great flavor booster. You can cook Lemon Bars using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon Bars
- You need of Crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted butter (softened).
- You need 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Custard.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of white sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- You need of Powdered sugar.
I love lemon bars, but they often fall by the wayside and get forgotten for months at a time in our house. We're much more of a chocolate chip cookie/chocolate pie/chocolate sheet cake/chocolate ice cream/chocolate potato chip/chocolate everything household, followed by fruit cobblers and crisps…so I sometimes have to remember to bring lemon bars back into the forefront from time to time. The lemon curd filling is extra thick and creamy and sits on an irresistible butter shortbread crust. Always bake lemon bars at a lower temperature to avoid over-baking.
Lemon Bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the crust (softened butter, 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt)..
- Press the dough in an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. Use a fork to poke holes in the dough..
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes until firm and golden..
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, lemon juice, and white sugar. Then add the flour..
- Take the crust out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes..
- Pour the custard mixture in the baked crust and put it back in the oven for 15 mins..
- Let the lemon bars cool to room temperature..
- Cut the lemon bars into squares then sprinkle powdered sugar on top..
See recipe notes for important tips. They're simply the best lemon bars and are perfect for picnics, bake sales, spring brunches, baby showers, and bridal showers. I craved lemon bars my entire pregnancy and the day i finally made this recipe.i went into labor! Im not saying these bars are magic, but im not saying these bars arent magic either. Either way they are the best lemon bars i have ever tasted and i was thrilled to have some left when i came home from the hospital.