Brown rice and tuna salad. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Cold Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. I adapted this recipe from one I found in a cookbook. It is not only healthy, it is delicious!
Great recipe for Brown rice and tuna salad. Couscous and lentils are a no for type O like me. Meanwhile, here where I am from, Quinoa isn't easily available especially this community quarantine. You can have Brown rice and tuna salad using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brown rice and tuna salad
- You need 1 cup of brown rice, cooked.
- You need 1 pc. of bell pepper or tomato, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 pc. of cucumber, deseeded, chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, small, finely chopped.
- Prepare Handful of dried fruit / pineapple tidbits, drained.
- It’s Handful of lettuce.
- You need of Protein & Spices.
- It’s 1/2 can of chunky tuna in water/brine, drained.
- It’s Handful of chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of lemon / lime juice.
- It’s Dash of salt, to taste (garlic salt is ok too).
- Prepare Dash of paprika or cayenne, to taste.
- You need Dash of olive oil, to taste.
- It’s Dash of honey, to taste.
- You need of Optional.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mayo-less egg salad (check my cookpad page for recipe)OR.
- You need 1 tbsp of hummus.
Thus, I came up with this idea instead. I enjoy eating it warm, or cold. Top tip for making Tuna and brown rice salad. Follow the package instructions for brown rice from there (you can also use another rice option like this rice and vermicelli) To make this brown rice salad, combine the cooked rice with the tuna, fresh chopped veggies, marinated artichoke hearts, finely chopped pickles, cooked sweet peas, fresh parsley… Pour the dressing (red wine vinegar. rice vinegar, onion lemon, brown rice yogurt, seaweed avocado, shallot caper, canned tuna bell pepper, salad greens mushroom, yogurt mango, ginger lime, sriracha ginger, tuna steak avocado, seaweed lemon, onion red onion, mango red onion, cilantro The cooked rice will have probably clumped together, so break it up in a large mixing bowl.
Brown rice and tuna salad step by step
- Wash and cook brown rice according to package instruction..
- Prepare your bell peppers, onion, and garlic: wash, slice, chop and place them all on a big bowl. [You also have to option to quick fry your onion and garlic if you like, before mixing them with other ingredients].
- On the same bowl, add in all the specified protein and spices [and the optional ingredients you fancy]. Set aside and cover while waiting for rice to cook..
- Wash your lettuce, then dry, and cut them into bite sizes by hands. Transfer 1 serving of lettuce on a serving bowl and set aside. Keep leftover lettuce on a ziplock bag and store in fridge. Note: Using a knife to cut lettuce makes lettuce taste bitter. Strange but true, based from experience..
- Soon as the brown rice is cooked. Take 1 cup rice. Add them to the bowl of quickly marinated veggies (w/o lettuce). Mix them well..
- For 1 serve, transfer 1/2 cup brown rice mixture on the serving bowl with lettuce and stir them a bit. Garnish with extra chopped walnuts or dried fruit if you want..
- Keep the brown rice mix leftovers on a container then store in fridge. And it would taste even better the next day! If the leftover mixture has cooled down, you can mix-in the lettuce before storing the meal in fridge. Or alternatively, just bring a ziplock of lettuce with your packed brown rice and mix them upon consumption. Enjoy!.
Flake in the tuna, then mix in the peas, peppers, tomatoes, spring onions, parsley and olives, if you're using them. Stir through the mayonnaise, lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste. If using, packet of parboiled brown rice, cook according to packet instructions. Add rice, tomatoes, capsicum, shallots and tuna in a large bowl. Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.