Lentil Lasagna. Red Lentil Lasagne is a delicious vegetarian lasagne that the whole family are sure to enjoy. When Finn was younger one of his favourite sources of protein was red split lentils and Rory seems to be the same. I'm presuming that it is down to the soft texture, making it easy to eat.
Just layer it up and bake. This is easily made vegan using vegan soup and pesto, and replacing the cheese layer with crispy breadcrumbs or vegan parmesan! This lentil lasagne recipe is packed with protein, carbohydrates, fibre, folate and magnesium, helping to fill you up. You can cook Lentil Lasagna using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lentil Lasagna
- It’s of No boil lasagna noodles, dry.
- Prepare of Béchamel.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of margarine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 L of soy milk.
- You need of To taste: salt, pepper, nutmeg.
- You need of Lentil Bolognaise Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1/4 of red wine.
- Prepare 600 g of tomato sauce, unseasoned.
- You need 3/4 cup of water (adjust quantity).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of red lentils, dry.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar or to taste.
- Prepare of Seasoning: salt, pepper, chili flakes, Italian herbs, cumin.
- You need Splash of soy sauce.
- You need Splash of balsamic vinegar.
Full with yummy ingredients including porcini mushrooms, baby spinach and. For the lentil ragù, cover the lentils with cold water and bring to the boil. First of all they are extremely easy to work with as they are ready to go in the oven and you dont have to boil them. Secondly, they do not taste beany or lentily despite being entirely made up from lentil flour.
Lentil Lasagna step by step
- Prepare the bolognaise sauce: Fry onion in olive oil until translucent then add garlic. After about 1 min, deglaze the pan with wine. Add all remaining sauce ingredients except vinegar. Cook for about 20 min or until lentils are falling apart and sauce is reduced. Add vinegar at the end..
- Prepare the béchamel: melt margarine in a pot over low heat. Add flour and whisk. After about 30 sec to a minute, add the soy milk very very slowly. Whisk vigorously to prevent clumps from forming. Season to taste. Cook until béchamel is thick (15 min approximately)..
- To assemble: add a small laddle of béchamel in the bottom of a baking dish, then layer noodles, lentil mixture and béchamel. Repeat as needed..
- Bake at 180°C covered for 30 min, then take off the aluminum foil and bake for 10 min at 210°C. Serve warm. Enjoy :).
The lasagna just tastes like regular lasagna!!! How to make lentil ragu lasagne – step by step. Finely chop the carrot, celery and onion. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and boil the lasagne noodles until soft enough to work with. Rinse them under cool water, and drain well.