ChanaDal Vada Recipe (lentil fritters). Baked Parippu Vada Recipe – Chana Dal Vada or Masala Vadai. Chana Dal (Split chickpea) Fritters or the Indian Falafel. Easy fritters with curry leaves and ginger.
Masala vada are South Indian style deep fried lentil fritters. Traditionally they are made with lentils, usually split peas (chana dal) and sometimes in combination with urad dal. Ingredients for Spinach Chana Vada: Main ingredient for any masala vada is Chana dal or split pea lentils. You can cook ChanaDal Vada Recipe (lentil fritters) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ChanaDal Vada Recipe (lentil fritters)
- You need 2 cups of Channa dal – (soaked for 2 hours).
- You need 4 pc of – Green chilli.
- Prepare 4 pc of – Red chilli.
- It’s 3-4 of Chopped Onions.
- You need 1 tablespoon of – Ginger.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of – Rice flour.
- Prepare of Salt (quantity- as your wish).
- Prepare of Oil (for deep fry).
To make these Paruppu Vadai / Parippu Vada / Chana Dal (Lentil) Fritters, you will need to presoak the Chana and Urad dal in the water as described in the instructions below. Before you grind the dal, make sure to drain as much water out of them as possible. Otherwise, it won't be as easy to make the fritters. Easy Parippu Vada Recipe: Lentil Fritters Popular in Sri Lanka and India.
ChanaDal Vada Recipe (lentil fritters) step by step
- In the blender add soaked chandal after draining water completely from them, along with add red chilli, green chilli and make a paste of it.
- After the blend. Add onion, rice flour, ginger and mix them mash them with your hand properly..
- Mix all the ingredients properly. Vada mix should be stiff, as shown. Now grease your hands with oil. Take 2tablespoon of vada and mix into your hand making it a flat circle shown in the photo..
- Lastly, deep fry them until they turn Golden Brown..
Depending on whether you're in Southern India Sri Lanka or even Malaysia, these easy to make deep-fried snack seem to have a different (although quite similar) name. Parippu Vada, Paruppu Vadai, Chana Dal, Parippu Wade – whatever you want to call these delicious. Mix all other ingredients, including whole lentils. Parippu Vada (Lentil Fritters) A favourite Kerala Tea time snack. Hot dal fritters are crunchy and deliciously flavourful.