Lentils. Find Deals on Red Lentils in Pasta & Grains on Amazon. Lentils are often overlooked, even though they're an inexpensive way of getting a wide range of nutrients. For example, they're packed with B vitamins, magnesium, zinc and potassium.
Because their seed coat has been removed, they cook very fast and can become mushy, making them ideal for soups. Lentils are one of the world's oldest health foods. C, and they've worked their way west since then. You can cook Lentils using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentils
- Prepare 3 Cup of Lentils.
- You need 5 of Chopped Onions.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s 1.5 of tspn Sweet pepper.
- It’s of Cinnamon.
Similar to beans and grains, lentils can be cooked in a variety of ways, but the prep work is always simple! Cook up these lentil burgers for a savory, protein-packed meal. Lentils are coupled with vegetables for this family-friendly lentil soup. Topped with spinach and a splash of vinegar, this is the perfect weekday dinner.
- Fry 5 chopped onions in a pan till they have a gold brown color..
- Drain the overnight soaked lentils (make sure you wash them well).
- Boil the lentils in a pot and add hot water till it reaches above lentil level by 2cm (cover pot).
- Wait till the lentils reach boiling point and then simmer of low heat till the lentils are soft (tell by tasting).
- Once the onions are ready and the lentils have boiled. Add the onions to the lentils..
- Also add salt to your liking and a teaspoon and a half of sweet pepper and sprinkle some cinnamon and mix well..
This is a rich and hearty lentil curry, great as a main meal rather than as a side dish like the more traditional Indian dhal. Lentils are an excellent source of protein with the potential to reduce the risk of heart disease. Now as a staple in many cultures, similar to the benefits of quinoa, lentils are a wonderful nutrient-dense food to add to your diet. Similar to beans and grains, lentils can be cooked in a variety of ways, but the prep work is always simple! Use lentils, cilantro, parsley, garlic, cumin, and bread crumbs to form the meat-free patties.