Nana's Lentil Soup. My favorite is her lentil soup. Nana's Lentil Soup Lentil soup for a cold day. This lentil soup is easy to make and is a hearty dish that leaves you wanting nothing else for dinner.
When Nana's asked to look after her poorly grandson, she knows something that might just make him feel better – her 'magic' soup. Somehow it seems to do the trick, even though she sneaks in a few ingredients that he doesn't strictly like. But if he ever finds out, he won't kick up a fuss because it tastes so good. You can have Nana's Lentil Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nana's Lentil Soup
- Prepare 2 cups of dried green lentils sorted and washed.
- You need 1 of medium red potato cut into small cubes.
- It’s 2 of small yellow onions chopped.
- Prepare pieces of I medium red bell pepper chopped into small.
- You need 2 sheets of roasted seaweed(snack kind) torn into small pieces.
- You need 2 of large cloves of garlic chopped into tiny pieces.
- You need 2 of ramen seasoning pouches beef flavored (or whatever you prefer).
- Prepare to taste of Salt if needed and pepper.
Soup recipe roughly based on America's Test Kitchen's lentil soup in The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook, with reference to The First Mess' favourite lentil soup. Use green lentils, red lentils, brown lentils or a lentil soup mix. All it takes is a hint of spice flavourings, bay leaves and finishing it off with a touch of lemon to elevate this soup. Lentil Soup "This soup is simply legendary!
Nana's Lentil Soup step by step
- Cook lentils untill almost done.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook untill potatoes are tender.
Must be the best soup I've ever made. It's so simple, very filling and so healthy!" – ywwonglp. Most Made Today Lentil and Sausage Soup. Having lived in Spain and enjoyed true lentil soup, I thought I'd never again appreciate an american version. If you're feeling like soup, check out any of these recipes: Creamy Red Lentil Lemon Soup.