Red lentils soup. Save On Organic Food, Natural Snacks, Nut Butters, Tea, Coffee, and Bars, at Vitacost®! Red Lentil Soup Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker than any other variety of legumes, although they are slightly lower in fiber than the larger whole varieties.
This red lentil soup is one of my all-time favorite dinners. Sautéed leeks and onions are combined with carrots, celery, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, and red split lentils (which cook quickly!) to produce a hearty, thick lentil soup that is naturally gluten-free, nutritious, and filling. This is a lentil soup that defies expectations of what lentil soup can be. You can cook Red lentils soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red lentils soup
- Prepare 200 gr of Red lentils.
- It’s 4 of small Chopped Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry mix broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 leaves of laurel.
- It’s 1 tsp of curcumin.
It is light, spicy and a bold red color (no murky brown here): a revelatory dish that takes less than an hour to make. Sauté onion and garlic in oil, then stir in tomato paste, cumin and chile powder and cook a few minutes more to intensify flavor. I used red lentils for the first time in a recipe I tagged in one of the games and loved them. So I started looking around for other recipes.
Red lentils soup instructions
- Gather the ingredients and boil in a small pot water for the dry mix of broth. In a medium heat for 3 min..
- Cut the onion and tomatoes..
- Leave tomatoes in a side and cook the onions with a tbsp of broth and the olive oil in medium heat..
- Add the tomatoes and the laurel and cook it till the tomatoes are half cooked. In medium to high heat..
- Then put the lentils, the rest of broth, curcumin, salt and pepper and cook it in medium heat for 10 min. Check if they are cooked depends the kind of lentils. If need more add some broth and keep it in the heat till it's done..
- When they are cooked close the heat and serve. You can add bit of dry chilli to spice up the taste. Enjoy!.
I found quite a few recipes, and inspired by them, created this soup, using ingredients that I normally have at home. This easy red lentil soup takes on a bold Greek twist! A creamy, extra smooth red lentil soup with a few ingredients that bring about the robust Greek flavors we love: – Aromatics: garlic, onion, and sweet carrots are sauteed in quality extra virgin olive oil until tender and fragrant. It's golden in color, and very easy to make and leftovers are freezer-friendly. Moroccan Red Lentil Soup is a comforting soup recipe.