Lentil soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery; cook and stir until onion is tender.
Use green lentils, red lentils, brown lentils or a lentil soup mix. All it takes is a hint of spice flavourings, bay leaves and finishing it off with a touch of lemon to elevate this soup. Lentil Soup “This soup is simply legendary! You can have Lentil soup using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lentil soup
- You need 1 lb of lentils.
- It’s 12 oz of can petite diced tomatos.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 c of frozen onion and pepper.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 (12 oz) of cans of broth.
Must be the best soup I’ve ever made. It’s so simple, very filling and so healthy!” – ywwonglp. Most Made Today Lentil and Sausage Soup. Pair lentils with your favorite vegetables to make this flavorful, hearty soup from Martha Stewart.
Lentil soup instructions
- Rinse lentils then boil for 30 minutes, season the boiling water with 1 tblsp each cayenne and paprika. (Can be done ahead of time, perfect prep to do on the weekend then toss the soup together after work).
- Rinse lentils, set aside or store in fridge. Can be made up to 3 days ahead of time..
- Dice carrot and garlic..
- Add garlic, onion, pepper, carrot to medium heat w 1 tbl oil until onions sweat…about 4 mins.
- Stir tomatos, mix completely and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add lentils & broth + 1/2 c water, simmer for 30 minutes..
- Using emulsion blender for texture is optional. Image is without emulsion blender..
There’s no better way to warm up on a cold day than with a lentil soup. Add up to a cup more water if the lentil soup becomes too thick during cooking. This lentil soup recipe is a few years in the making: Having been disappointed by too many lentil soup recipes to count, I set out to make the absolute best one. Ease is the name of the game for this soup. There is a bit of soothing chopping and a few cans to open, but no need to bust out the blender.