Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup. This spicy lentil kale soup is a hearty, delicious and pretty budget friendly. Made on one pot for easy clean up, it's like a little bowl of goodness for your tummy. This Spicy Sausage Lentil and Kale Soup is protein-packed and full of vegetables.
Recipe: Spicy Lentil and Kale Soup. This soup will wow you with flavor and hearty goodness. Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup Great for when you have half a rotisserie chicken leftover and want something a bit healthier than chicken noodle soup. You can cook Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup
- You need of Kale.
- You need of Chicken.
- Prepare 1 lb of dry lentils.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno.
- Prepare 1 of serrano.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- It’s 3 stalks of celery.
- You need 1 of med sweet onion.
- Prepare of ~6 baby Bella mushrooms.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Chile powder.
- Prepare of Cayenne powder.
- It’s of Sumac (you can probably use a bit of lemon juice instead).
- You need of Paprika.
- Prepare of Celery seed.
- You need 3 qt of broth.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
How do you make this lentil soup with kale recipe? Next, add all the spices and cook for another minute. Add all the other ingredients except for lemon juice, and stir well. Stir in kale, lentils, salt and black pepper.
Spicy chicken, lentil, kale soup step by step
- Dice all veggies relatively fine, reserving about half of the onion, all of the garlic, all of the peppers, and making a mirepoix with what's left. quarter mushrooms.
- Rinse lentils and put in soup pot. Add veggies and bay leaves..
- Toss reserved onion, garlic, and peppers into a pan with olive oil and carmelize..
- Deglaze onion pan with broth and add to soup pot..
- Dice chicken. Add to soup. Add leg and thigh bones if you have them..
- Add stock to soup..
- Salt and season to taste using the Chile and cayenne powders and paprika and celery seed..
- Bring soup to a boil. Let simmer till lentils are soft and flavors are married..
- Add kale in the last 10 minutes..
- Serve hot..
Stir in chicken,tomato, and , if using, fresh basil. Lentil Soup with Kale and Sausage Make a pot of this hearty soup on a weekend and enjoy the leftovers during the week; the flavor will even better after a couple of days in the refrigerator. Red Lentil and Chicken Soup – a hearty and delicious soup loaded with lentils and chicken, cumin and smoked paprika, a perfect comfort soup for a cold fall or winter night. Fall for me is all about comfort soups, pumpkin spiced lattes or hot cocoas. Although I'm happy to say the weather really has been cooperating, I still crave a hot and comforting soup.