Brown lentil soup – shorbet adass. This soup is often the first course of iftar when eaten at home and it is delicious. This is a simple soup, but don't be deceived – it's quite flavorful. The key is to add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice into your bowl of soup before eating it.
This easy to make traditional Lebanese Lentil Soup (Shorbet Adas) recipe is full of flavors, super easy to make, nutritious and very filling. It is one of the most comforting soup to have during the month of Ramadan. Low in fat and high in protein, this is a hearty vegan soup you will love! You can have Brown lentil soup – shorbet adass using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brown lentil soup – shorbet adass
- You need 2 cups of brown lentils, washed and drained.
- You need 3 of medium onions, cut into small cubes.
- You need 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s of For serving (optional).
- Prepare 1 loaf of pita bread, roasted.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Shorbat Adas(Middle Eastern Lentil Soup) Recipe by chef FIFI. This healthy soup is enjoyed throughout the middle east, and although simple in preparation and ingredients, is a very flavorful soup. Adas is considered a main dish mainly because it is so filling, and is usually eaten with pita bread and lemon on the side. *I use Ziyad brand red. The red lentil ( kind of looks orange to me!) Is the best one for this soup.
Brown lentil soup – shorbet adass instructions
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, put the lentils and onions with 9 cups of water..
- Stir lentils and onions from time to time. When the water starts to boil, lower the heat and cover the saucepan. Leave to cook for 40 min..
- When lentils are cooked, add in the salt, cumin and black pepper and stir. Remove pan from heat..
- Pour the lentil and onion mixture in a food processor and blend until you get a smooth and thick mixture..
- Pour back the mixture in the saucepan. Put on medium heat. Stir the ingredients while adding the olive oil and leave it to simmer for 5 more minutes..
- Serve the lentil soup immediately..
- A tasty addition to this delicious soup would be a squeeze of lemon and some roasted pita bread pieces that you sprinkle on top of the soup once it's served..
- Note: Depending on the type of lentils, you might need more or less water to cook. Small-sized lentils require more water..
It gives you the desired thickness, and creaminess. You can use yellow, or green, but not he brown one. Other kinds like green, or brown can be used in other dishes. And here is the talented blogger Faith grosky made shorbet addas. It makes me so happy when I see her.