Spring Lentil Salad. A delicious, healthy, Greek-inspired lentil salad recipe, loaded up with spring veggies, lemon and fresh mint served over optional yogurt sauce. The farmers market is overflowing with the most beautiful spring produce! Easy Spring Lentil Salad The baby's sleeping, the baby's sleeping: quick, write about lentils!
There's still some cold weather heartiness happening with the lentils and bacon here but spring shows up with radishes, baby greens and the young green beans. Say Hello to Spring With This Lentil Salad. With the start of the new season, I am so ready to get out of my soup and warm curry phase and get back into fresh and cool dishes like smoothie bowls and crisp salads. You can cook Spring Lentil Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spring Lentil Salad
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Lentils.
- It’s 1 package of Lettuce (your choice).
- Prepare 6 cups of Water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Dill (diced).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Red Bell Pepper (chopped).
- You need 1/2 cup of Orange Bell Pepper (chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Yellow Bell Pepper (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half).
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
We are getting ready to celebrate Holi, the Indian festival of colors and the official welcome. Warm lentil salad is a protein-packed alternative side dish to starchy potatoes or rice. For a pretty presentation, pack the salad in small ramekins, then invert onto plates and garnish with a cucumber slice and a halved cherry tomato. Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan) step by step.
Spring Lentil Salad instructions
- In a large sauce pan add water and boil lentil for 1/2 hr and until soft. Once they have boiled drain, and wash out throughly with cold running water..
- Chop peppers into small cubes..
- Dice dill, scallions, and cut cherry tomatoes in half. In a large salad bowl start by layering lettuce of your choice, then add a layer of lentil, peppers, dill. Continue with another layer of lettuce, lentil, peppers, dill and top off with the last layer, lettuce, lentil, peppers, top with dill, scallions. Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper mix and enjoy..
- Kali Orexi!!! 🙂.
This simple Spring Lentil and Wild Rice Salad is a hearty and balanced grain salad perfect for warm evenings and packing up for lunches. With fresh green veggies, hearty lentils, and a simple dressing, it's a wonderful staple you can turn to with springtime produce. Depending on your lentils, you would have to keep a watch. The goal is to cook the lentils al dente. Today on the blog I am having Chelsey Amer take over and share one of her healthy Spring time recipes!