Carrots and Lentils in Olive Oil. Add the garlic and carrots and salt to taste. Cook, stirring, for two to three minutes until the carrots begin to soften. Stir in the dissolved tomato paste, sugar and lentils.
Add the hot lentils and the carrots to the dressing and toss gently. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Add the spinach, mint, and ricotta salata and toss to combine. You can cook Carrots and Lentils in Olive Oil using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrots and Lentils in Olive Oil
- It’s 1 cup of brown, green or black lentils, rinsed.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of Onion, halved lengthwise, then sliced thin across the grain.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground coriander seeds (optional).
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of carrots, peeled and sliced thin diagonally (about 4 cups sliced).
- You need 1 Cup of thinly sliced (1 inch) Celery.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tomato paste dissolved in 1 cup water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped fresh mint.
Add lentils, the diced carrot and stir well for another minute. This delicious and simple salad is made with squash roasted until tender with cumin and cinnamon, before being tossed with lentils, quinoa, raisins and toasted pine nuts and then drizzled with a tahini, lime and maple dressing. For the salad: Combine water and lentils in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Season carrots and lentils with salt and pepper and cool to room temperature.
Carrots and Lentils in Olive Oil instructions
- . Combine the lentils with 3 cups water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Set a strainer over a bowl, and drain. Save the water!.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy casserole or skillet. Add the onion and coriander seeds. Cook, stirring, until the onion is tender, about five minutes..
- Add the garlic Celery and carrots and salt to taste. Cook, stirring, for two to three minutes until the carrots begin to soften. Stir in the dissolved tomato paste, sugar and lentils. Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the cooking water from the lentils (enough to cover the lentils), salt to taste and half the mint. Bring to a simmer, and simmer uncovered for 15 – 20 minutes (don't let the carrots get too mushy).
- Taste and adjust salt. Remove from the heat, sprinkle on the remaining mint, drizzle with good olive oil and lemon juice to taste. and serve, or allow to cool and serve at room temperature..
You can also skip this step and simmer the carrots in stock with lentils later on. Cook it gently for a few minutes until softened. How to make One-Pot Green Lentil Soup with Carrots, Onions, and Celery: To begin, chop all of the vegetables. Add olive oil to a large Dutch oven and heat over medium heat. Delicious recipe – a couple tweaks: A few minutes extra for the carrots to further develop the flavour, and frying the onion in the olive oil until caramelised before adding the lentils and lemon, then cooking until most of the liquid evaporates.