Lamb Shank w/ Lentils and Country Vegetables. Stir through lentils, tomatoes water, wine and vinegar and bring to the boil. Lamb Shank w/ Lentils and Country Vegetables Chef Bacon Jacksonville Florida. In batches, cook lamb until browned.
Lamb Shank w/ Lentils and Country Vegetables. Use tongs to transfer the lamb to a plate and remove the meat from the bone. Lamb Shanks with Green Lentils and Vegetables. You can have Lamb Shank w/ Lentils and Country Vegetables using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lamb Shank w/ Lentils and Country Vegetables
- It’s 1 of lamb shank.
- It’s 2 Fl oz of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 oz of onion.
- You need 2 oz of carrot.
- Prepare 2 oz of celery.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 24 fl oz of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 fl oz of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 oz of molasses.
- It’s 4 oz of green lentils.
- You need of s&p TT.
This one-dish recipe has options many for meals to come especially left-overs. Make and serve now and reserve some to store and reheat. Look for dried French green lentils (Puy lentils), with packages of other lentil varieties in the dried bean section of supermarkets. Spread onions, celery, and carrots over bottom of large roasting pan.
Lamb Shank w/ Lentils and Country Vegetables step by step
- Heat oil in sauce pot. Season and sear lamb shank..
- Large dice carrot, onion, and celery.
- Add vegetables and bay leaf to pot. Add stock, soy sauce, and molasses to pot and dissolve the fond with the liquid..
- Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hrs.
- Add lentils and cook for another hour or until lentils are al dente. Thicken with slurry or Brown roux.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Then serve shank with lentils and vegetables in large bowl..
Rub thyme and mint over lamb shanks; sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Lamb Shank w/ Lentils and Country Vegetables. carleyreeson. Use whatever you have on hand. Add vegetables close to the end of cooking, especially green vegetables so they don't overcook. Cook vegetables such as potatoes until tender.