Lentil soup. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. Buy Organic Food, Natural Snacks, Nut Butters, Tea, Coffee, Bars, & More at Vitacost®! Add onions, carrots, and celery; cook and stir until onion is tender.
Use green lentils, red lentils, brown lentils or a lentil soup mix. All it takes is a hint of spice flavourings, bay leaves and finishing it off with a touch of lemon to elevate this soup. Lentil Soup "This soup is simply legendary! You can cook Lentil soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lentil soup
- It’s 1 bag of dried lentils.
- It’s of chicken stock.
- Prepare of about 1/2 cup minced garlic.
- It’s 1 can of crushed Tomatoes.
- You need 3 stalks of celery.
- It’s 3-4 of Bay leafs.
- You need of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of fresh basil.
- You need 1/2 lbs of tubetini pasta.
- You need 5 of carrots cut in small circles.
Must be the best soup I've ever made. It's so simple, very filling and so healthy!" – ywwonglp. Most Made Today Lentil and Sausage Soup. Pair lentils with your favorite vegetables to make this flavorful, hearty soup from Martha Stewart.
Lentil soup step by step
- In a large soup pot, put about 1/4cup olive oil add garlic add celery and carrots in slices about 1/4 inch thick or smaller..saute,.
- Add lentils, saute for about 5min more..then add 6 cups chicken stock, tomatoes and bay leaves, salt and pepper..cook till lentils are soft, if becomes too thick add more stock.
- In a separate pot cook and drain the pasta, (al dente).
- Add pasta to soup when done cooking…
There's no better way to warm up on a cold day than with a lentil soup. Add up to a cup more water if the lentil soup becomes too thick during cooking. Lentil soup is a culinary wonder. It's creamy without any dairy, satisfying and protein-packed without any meat, and easy to make from a handful of kitchen staples. Essentially, lentil soup is everything we need right now.