Tasty Taco Lentils. Tasty Lentil Tacos When my husband's cholesterol numbers rose, I quickly lowered the fat in our family's diet. Finding dishes that were healthy for him and yummy for our five children was a challenge, but this fun taco recipe was a huge hit with everyone. In fact, I do this for my Chipotle Lentil Tacos and love the combo!
Warm them up in the microwave or on a skillet and fill them to the brim with your lentils and toppings. tasty taco toppings This lentil taco meat is made with only wholesome whole-food ingredients. It is oil-free and is super easy to make! I use as few short-cuts such as dehydrated onion and packaged taco seasoning for a super easy quick and healthy vegan taco meat that is on my plate in less than thirty minutes from start to finish. You can cook Tasty Taco Lentils using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tasty Taco Lentils
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of broth or water.
- It’s 1 cup of split red lentils.
- It’s 1 of small, diced onion.
- You need 1 of large, diced garlic clove.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of your favorite chili or taco seasoning.
- It’s 1 cup of roasted red bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of to 1 jar of your favorite salsa.
- You need 1 can of low sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed.
Chipotle Lentil Tacos turn this tasty vegetarian swap into an instant taco party! They're packed with protein, have literally half the fat of their meaty counterparts, and totally delicious too. Tasty, Frugal, and Meatless Tex-Mex Taco Lentils. by Kristen Smith. Tex-Mex Taco Lentils are a simple, nutritious, and very frugal meal to make any night of the week.
Tasty Taco Lentils instructions
- Simmer the diced onion in olive oil in the pot/pan you will use to cook the lentils. When onions are nearly translucent, add diced garlic and cook another minute..
- Add lentils and seasoning to onion-garlic mix stirring for 1 minute or until well combined..
- Pour in broth/water and bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat to simmer for 12-15 minutes or until lentils are completely soft..
- Add garbanzo beans, bell pepper, and salsa (unless your children or others might not appreciate the level of heat in your favorite salsa. In this case, let each person add salsa to their own serving.).
- Serve with any myriad of toppings and sides! Cottage or shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, diced tomatoes, green onions, black olives, shredded carrots, shredded lettuce, shredded cabbage, etc. are good choices..
Try them on nachos, tacos, taco salads, or as a filling for burritos! Tacos are one of those meals that are always bouncing around the menu plan for a few reasons. They are simple to prepare and make it to the table quickly, you normally have everything on hand to make them, and everyone likes being able to top a taco with what they like best. Flavor Profile: Black lentils have a rich earthy flavor and they taste similar to a black bean. Plus, they contain anthocyanin which is the antioxidant that's found in naturally purple vegetables like red cabbage! "Wow, this is tasty!