Best Vegan lentil curry. This vegan lentil curry is a staple for me, it's a pretty simple recipe, but it takes time, although it's totally worth it. If you like curry, lentils and coconut, you need to try it. If you like this vegan lentil curry, check out these lentil recipes: low-fat vegan Shepherd's pie , lentil salad , fat-free Spanish lentil stew , easy.
If you like it, you really need to give this recipe a try, because is a new and improved lentil curry and tastes even better! Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry Photo Credit:. The BEST Coconut Lentil & Chickpea Curry. You can cook Best Vegan lentil curry using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Best Vegan lentil curry
- You need 1 can of small carrots and peas.
- You need 1/2 of courgette (zucchini).
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 300 g of lentils (canned preferably).
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
The BEST Coconut Lentil & Chickpea Curry that's creamy, sweet, savory, spicy, and pairs perfectly with rice. Top it off with basil for the perfect, easy, healthy dinner recipe! This recipe is vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free. This lentil curry tastes great on its own as a soup, scooped up with pieces of naan or baguette, or over a bed of rice.
Best Vegan lentil curry step by step
- Slice/dice the onion. Grate or dice the courgette. On a warm frying pan, add the olive oil, cumin seeds and onions..
- Once onions are golden and cumin seeds start crackling, add grated courgette. After five minutes, add the carrots and peas and the canned lentils..
- After 10min, add the curry powder and salt. Mix well. Some water and more olive oil and salt may be required, depending on the texture you would like. For more sauce, make sure the pan is always covered..
- P.s.- the longer this is cooked, the better the flavours will combine..
How to make red lentil curry. Detailed ingredient measurements, instructions, and notes can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page. This easy to make Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry is a healthy vegan recipe that makes a perfect Meatless Monday dinner recipe. It takes less than an hour (mostly hands-off time) to make and is packed full of delicious Indian flavors. Make extras and you'll have a giant smile on your face at lunch the next day.