Italian Sausage lentil soup. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. This was a very good recipe.
Rinse lentils and add to pot. Add broth, water and seasonings and bring to a boil. If soup becomes too thick, add more broth. You can have Italian Sausage lentil soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Sausage lentil soup
- It’s 6 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian Sausage.
- It’s 2 cup of green lentil.
- Prepare 3 cup of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 3 stalk of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 3/4 cup of green peas.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 can of tomatos, diced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of beef boulion.
- It’s 1 tbsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of sage.
- It’s of chopped parsley.
- It’s 2 pinches of thyme.
Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. In a large pot combine all ingredients bring to boil. This Italian lentil soup is a hearty, cold-weather thick soup that is healthy and flavor-packed with lentils, Italian sausage and vegetables. Lentils are super nourishing and quick-cooking which make them an ideal candidate for a fast satisfying meal.
Italian Sausage lentil soup step by step
- Sort and rinse lentils, then add them to the 6 cups water. Bring to boil..
- Brown sausage over medium heat. Add drained meat to the lentils..
- Add chopped veggies to soup..
- Add seasonings and beef boulion..
- Simmer soup for 1 – 2 hours over med/low heat; until veggies are tender..
Place sausage in a large saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Crockpot Italian Sausage & Lentil Soup! Fire up the crockpot, and make one batch on Sunday and have a wonderful lunch and dinner for days!