Chicken lentil surprise!. Mix lentils and rice together Boil pot of water (large pot, this is going to grow very fast). Add dash of salt to boiling water. I've never cooked lentils before, and this just kinda came together as I was making it.
Add lentils and chicken or vegetable stock. Or, cook on stovetop for approximately one hour. Lentils should be soft but not mushy, and the stew should be thick. You can cook Chicken lentil surprise! using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken lentil surprise!
- It’s 2 lb of shredded chicken.
- Prepare 1 lb of white rice.
- You need 1 lb of lentils.
- It’s 2 of bell peppers.
- It’s 1 of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of other spices to taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of allspice.
Tweak with salt, pepper, and seasoning to taste. Spread stew thinly on lined dehydrator trays. You are an expert in this topic! In a large pot combine lentils, chicken, water and chicken bullion.
Chicken lentil surprise! instructions
- Mix lentils and rice together.
- Boil pot of water (large pot, this is going to grow very fast)..
- Add dash of salt to boiling water. Add lentil and rice mix. Allow to boil until soft..
- Add peppers, and seasonings. After 3 minutes of stirring, add shredded chicken. Stir, and cover..
- Turn down stove to simmer. Stir every 5 minutes for 30 minutes..
- Garnish with hot sauce, sour cream, cheese, cilantro, fresh parsley. Anything really, it's pretty versatile..
Remove the chicken and shred, return to the pot Meanwhile, in a chopper or by hand, mince the onions, scallions, cilantro, garlic, and tomato. Directions Place the water in a large saucepan. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic. Add the contents of the spice bag, the bay leaves and chile. Add the lentils along with the liquid from one of.